1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Where to put steering wheel?

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Superman, Nov 10, 2010.

1. I've been looking to get a steering wheel for a while now but the only complication is where to put it so that it's secure while I'm playing.

My ps3 is attached to the lounge TV and so I want something that I can fold away each night or they'll be trouble from the mrs.

I saw something on amazon that I can use on the sofa but it didn't get good reviews. Is there a good table from Argos or something that you guys use as we don't have a high coffee table.

Ps the steering wheel is Ferrari GT which I guess will work

2. That looks like a good option but at £90 it would have to wait a while to save up.

I was looking for something cheaper but did a job.

3. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

4. In addition, I'm getting more and more confused about the support provided for the steering wheel 'Ferrari GT Experience' for PS3.

Does anyone use this setup? If so does it work ok?

5. [useless post warning]

In front of you is usually a good start..

[/end of useless post]

6. Of course, there's the original and trusted old steed usually employed by the common house wife.... An Ironing Board.

It's my preferred choice for a budget steering wheel mount anyway. :)

7. Thanks, that might be the best solution.

Just need to get the wheel now - CM have confirmed that the wheel should work.

8. don't buy a 'Ferrari GT Experience' wheel as i have it for my pc and all it does is lock up all the time, im driving ok then all of a sudden i get a lock on the steering wheel and it wont steer causing me to crash, i have lost loads of races because of this and it's pissing me off, ive even tried to go into settings and tried changing a few things but it always happen so my advise would be DON'T BUY.......unless there is a solution out there?????

9. You should really buy that wheel stand pro for logitech, it's awesome...

10. Ive been using my ikea table and a flat pack style chair. Cheap yet does the job (really well) and the seated position feels more autentic than some setups ive seen (fairly low and flat)

Buy a lack (£5) and some sturdy cheap chair that is fairly lowish. Put a couple of bits under 2 of the legs of the lack to angle it slightly so that you can get your legs under it. Job done hehe.

[​IMG]

11. The wheel and the ironing board works a treat!

Just need to get a bit better with my braking and turn in.