Where Is Your Local Circuit

Thruxton and Castle Combe are both about 110 miles from me but I tend to go to Silverstone a lot more just because it has all the big meetings, which is 210 miles.

Have raced many virtual laps of Barbagallo in AC, it's a fun circuit and Nords of course is one of the classics.

Thruxton and Castle Combe are both about 110 miles from me but I tend to go to Silverstone a lot more just because it has all the big meetings, which is 210 miles.

Have raced many virtual laps of Barbagallo in AC, it's a fun circuit and Nords of course is one of the classics.
Used to live in Winchester, not too far from Thruxton. Liked the UK, but love Western Australia!

Used to live in Winchester, not too far from Thruxton. Liked the UK, but love Western Australia!

I've been to Perth but not the circuit sadly. A bit too hot for me and Perth seems a long way from anywhere even a long way from the other Aussie cities. Phillip Island is the only Aussie circuit I have visited and even then I was just passing the entrance going to see the penguins. :laugh:

Closest, Lime Rock Park here in Connecticut, never raced there but have spectated and pitted for someone there.
Closest favorite is Bridgehampton on Long Island but it's been turned into a golf course.
Best Favorite is the old Bryar Motorsport Park in New Hampshire, 10 corners in 1.6 miles, a great place to race that made me very happy!

I have 3 ovals close to me.

12842.jpg

Riverview Speedway. Quite literally the home town track for me since it's just on the other side of the Cumberland river. It's been disused for quite some time now.

fairgrounds-speedway-3.jpg

Fairgrounds Speedway, now known as Music City Motorplex, has hosted NASCAR Winston Cup, Busch series, and Craftsman trucks before the latter two moved to Nashville Superspeedway.

nashville-superspeedway-052914-ap-ftrjpg_mn5gerf22auj1jlxhofzan7zg.jpg

And of course, Nashville Superspeedway. I've been to 3 Busch series races here. (Summer 2003, where Scott Riggs won, Spring 2004 where Michael Waltrip won after a pile-up towards the end, and Spring 2006 where Kevin Harvick won) Indycar of course also raced here for a few years. It would be pretty cool to see them back. I'm sure Josef Newgarden could bring a crowd. while there has been some testing by NASCAR teams since 2012, the track hasn't seen a race since after 2011.

I've been to Perth but not the circuit sadly. A bit too hot for me and Perth seems a long way from anywhere even a long way from the other Aussie cities. Phillip Island is the only Aussie circuit I have visited and even then I was just passing the entrance going to see the penguins. :laugh:
Yep, it's the most remote city in the world apparently.

Been to the old Adelaide circuit and Albert Park here too, for 2009 and 2016 Grand Prix. Wish it was still in Adelaide.

Velopark: about 30km away from my house.
Main events: Stock Car Brazil, Formula Truck and other events promoted by CBA (Brazilian confederation of motorsport).
Side events: Drag racing (multiple series).

Tarumã: about 50km away from my house.
Main events: Stock Car Brazil, Formula Truck and other events promoted by CBA (Brazilian confederation of motorsport).
Side events: 12 hours of Tarumã (a traditional regional endurance racing).

I don't really have a racing track close to my home, but the closest one is Assen about 100 km's off my house. Been there a couple of times and it's such an awesome track!

That's cool:thumbsup:. I've been there last year and there was a cycling match right then. After that I got the opportunity to literally walk across the whole circuit. 5148 meters too many for my parents who were nackered after that.:D

Last edited:
I don't have any good road circuits near me, just a few ovals used for NASCAR. The closest to me is Dover, but I'm also within a day's drive of Pocono, Martinsville, and Richmond. New Jersey Motorsports Park and Summit Point are closest road courses but I've never visited them. If I want to see a Formula One race, the closest would be Montreal.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%