1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Where do you live? (pictures)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Show us some pictures of the city/town you live in :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pictures taken by ourselves or it doesnt matter? :)

3. Bram

Bram

[​IMG]

This is my city @ night

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bram

Bram

Google images are nice too :)

5. Ok, something thematic - I found very nice picturesque of Prague from 2012 New Year :)

[​IMG]

And here is another one - classic one I must say, imperial residence of big emperors and kings :) Prague Castle (interest: It is the biggest ancient castle in the world)

[​IMG]

I may post more pictures in further - a lot of nice places (not only historical) deserve to be shared :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bram

Bram

Praha is such an amazing city. Thanks for those pictures

7. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Southampton, UK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. It surely is! You're welcome :) By the way, is that picture of Amsterdam you posted? I am just worrying if that's Amstel in there :D Very nice shot, I remember when we visited it, on a trip trough Amsterdam onboard of a small boat. It was amazing experience!

9. Bram

Bram

No its not Amsterdam but Utrecht. Our canals are different than Amsterdam. They're are much lower compared to the surface where pedestrians walk. Some centuries ago they lowered the water level so we have typical quays with terraces a little bit above the waterline

This picture is taken 5 minutes by foot from my house
    [​IMG]

And here in the summertime I drink my beers with Ramon van Rijn
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. I see. The architecture is similar though. Or it just seems to me like that :)

11. Bram

Bram

All remainders from the Golden Age when the Dutch ruled robbed the world.

12. [​IMG]

That's the street where we have our apartment in Göteborg.

[​IMG]

Eco Drive Arena, where they run STCC and from next year, TTA. This is located on an old pier, Bananpiren, which they rebuilt to race there :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Some dominants of the place where I am living - before it joined Prague, it was a city on it's own. Žižkov :) (today, it's the poorer part of Prague :( But it was key district, mainly when communism was destined to fall)

No pictures of the neighborhood though, because I don't want to bother you with boring and poor apartment houses surrounded by dirt :D

Žižkov tower - it has restaurant and nice view. But the main purpose is broadcasting of TV

[​IMG]

Vítkov - memorial to dead legionaries. Communists put there a grave of unknown soldier. The equestrian statue (Jan Žižka) is one of the biggest in the world.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my school - it has long history and is related to win against germanization in late 19th century. School in this district with the longest tradition :) It is next to St. Prokop church, which is not in the photo.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was in Prague not many weeks ago, but I was really sick so I spent the whole trip in the hotel :/

15. I hope not sick of the city, lol. That's a real shame :( I will post some tourists places next time, like Old Town square or St. Vitus cathedral

16. [​IMG]
    the town that I was born in.

[​IMG]
    and the capital building from another city I used to live in.

But right now I just live in a boring suburb of Hartford CT

• Like Like x 1
  17. Is that in America? I love the valley in the first picture.

18. Fiera di primiero italy (Trento)

Village center
    [​IMG]

general view

[​IMG]

around the village

[​IMG]

Very nice thread,i like travel so i hope to see some places where go in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bram

Bram

I think I really need to visit you soon Stefano :)

20. I'm coming with you Bram.