1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Where do I start with rfactor2?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by George Mastrokostas, Oct 12, 2013.

1. I bought the sim when it was first released but I haven't touched it since then.
    I am trying to get into it but I am having the following questions.
    Can you please assist?

1) Can you point me to some top notch mods? Modern series or historical series. I do not care. I am looking for well made mods.
    2) Where do you guys get the mods from? From my other sims I used to get them from here and from rfactor central.
    3) I though rfactor2 would have a centralized mod management system, kind like what STEAM has. Does this mean we are still stuck in the "version missmatch" conundrums like we were with rfactor1?

Thank you all.

2. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

1: I'm watching F1 now, but will give you later on some nice links to good mods.

2. We have the resource section for mods,

3. version missmatch doesn't need to happen, the new system works great within the game. You just need to check at the servers which track they are hosting, sometimes you need to go to their website, sometimes you can download it from their server. Some servers don't always offer the tracks on a website, but that has to do with the person hosting the server.

3. What kind of "mods" do you want?

4. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

I would first start getting all ISI content, tracks and cars. That is the best start.

Tracks that you shouldn't miss out on:
    VLM Mid Ohio
    VLM Sebring
    VLM Fuji (not their best)
    Croft
    Poznan
    Putman Park

Cars to get:
    Corsa Cup
    Lola T280

Great start where to get mods is right here.

5. Just released Symmons Plains is nice:

Edit staff: new link to the track in Resources section.

Ian Franssen:
    Thanks Jari, really apriciate you giving the link for everyone to enjoy:), keep that up, you are making our RD community great!
    I just change the link WHEN we have it in our resources section, because of traffic;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

Where can i get the Lola t280? i really like that car and would like to give it a go :thumbsup:

7. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Maybe here? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

thank you very much :)

9. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

PS if you are looking for full mods, with multiple cars and tracks which forms one mod, the community modders are not that far in development with this game yet. They will be created over time, a lot of modders waited for a more stable platform for rf2 to mod, which they have since a few months.
    At the moment there are great individual cars and tracks made by the community where you can choose from. In our resource section we have most quality mods that are available,