F1 2011 where are the game save files for F1 2011 located?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm going to reformat my computer in a bid to get to the bottom of the bad frame rate issue I have been experiencing, and need to back up the save data.

where are the files I need to back up located?

<System Drive>:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\My Games\F1 2011

That's Windows 7. I guess XP is using the same structure, more or less. If you can't find it, run a search for a file called "hardware_settings_config.xml" (sans quotation marks) on your system drive.

is that all that needs backing up? I'm sure I recall someone mentioning once that there were some other files in other locations that needed to be copied as well.

When I switched to a new computer I made a backup of said folder and it worked just fine. However, if you're using lots of mods etc. you might want to back up the game directory as well.

Also, some save games influenced by mods won't work with the vanilla game and vice versa.

That what you said it`n not enough to run old save game after pc format. You must copy the "xlive" folder from C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft. Thats two folders are all save for F1 2011. First is Save Game, but second is GFWL account and you need this folders together.

Sorry for my very, very bat english but I`m from Poland and I don`t speak english very well;)

That what you said it`n not enough to run old save game after pc format. You must copy the "xlive" folder from C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft. Thats two folders are all save for F1 2011. First is Save Game, but second is GFWL account and you need this folders together.

Sorry for my very, very bat english but I`m from Poland and I don`t speak english very well;)

On the other side, you could just log into GFWL on your new PC as well so that you don't have to copy said folder as well. Same result.

I didn't copy the folder you mentioned and it worked just fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back