Where are all the hot hatches cars I grew up with ?!

So I’m not sure if it’s just that I can’t find them, but there doesn’t seem to be many old 80’s and 90’s hot hatch mods that are still supported/have the current tyre model. I’m wondering if there’s any gems I’m missing?

EDIT: Yes, the titles a shitshow of why we shouldn’t use autocorrect on phones.. I can’t change it!

So I’m not sure if it’s just that I can’t find them, but there doesn’t seem to be many old 80’s and 90’s hot hatch mods that are still supported/have the current tyre model. I’m wondering if there’s any gems I’m missing?

EDIT: Yes, the titles a shitshow of why we shouldn’t use autocorrect on phones.. I can’t change it!
I'm still waiting for somebody to do my Saab 9-3 SE or at least a few two strokes in simracing.

I can't really recall seeing many Saabs in any racing sim really, apart from Gran Turismo back in the day. They do occasionally make a good car, I kinda like those 9 - 3's. I really wanna drive some of the old Clio's and some of those peugeot gti models.

There seems to be a good few jap models though. I'ts just finding the decent ones, theres a lot of mods to get through here!

I had a general motors era Saab. Not a good change. I knew little about cars and thought newer would be better. Hah!

And the same plastic parts made cheaplistest in the far east as the usual Chevy plastic cans, but because the car is "European" you had to pay premium price.

Honda made some cool stuff, way before the S2000. The namegiving "Rennsemmel" as the Germans say, the CRX.

That flat-nosed Prelude didn't look like a "forward" car, but it drove really nice! (3rd gen or what did I drive?)

Unfortunately all I’m basing my experience on is being a passenger, or sim racing. I wish I could drive for real! :cry:

The old school hondas are amazing. The little ek9 civics are what it’s all about. Those engines just live to be redlined. The crx was an awesome little car too! It’s a shame you don’t see those kind of cars made anymore. Everything’s just made of plastic and looks weird. The new civic type R is one of the most disgusting cars I’ve seen :sick:

I had a general motors era Saab. Not a good change. I knew little about cars and thought newer would be better. Hah!

And the same plastic parts made cheaplistest in the far east as the usual Chevy plastic cans, but because the car is "European" you had to pay premium price.
GM era cars were not the best.
The 99 9-3 has 'Honda-like' reliability and can be built to 'insane' HP levels...nearly 400.. even on stock internals.
I built my SE on the earlier 2.3 9000 block to which I fitted a set of Wiseco forged pistons and removed the balanced shafts.
It has a re-mapped custom Stage 3 ECU, along with a set of Siemens high-flow injectors.
The turbo was upgraded to the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries TD04-19T and an ETS cross-flow intercooler fitted.
There's a whole host of mods, including the 2000 Viggen gearbox, brakes and axles.
Bilstein Sports shocks and struts help put it all to the pavement and Akebono ceramics stop it all.
It makes for a fun commute to and from work.

Last edited:
This is the only Saab I could find for AC. A classic 99 Turbo. It is quite good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_rtm_lamborghini_jalpa_kyalami1967_29-11-117-14-24-16.jpg
    Screenshot_rtm_lamborghini_jalpa_kyalami1967_29-11-117-14-24-16.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 392

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back