1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all the european drivers?

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by Bram, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

@TSF: it would be great if you could send some euro drivers our way to fill up the grids, thanks you :)
  2. I'm trying, had several inquire and want to help develop Euro leagues to run along our sanctioned ones, but nothing ever completed? We'll keep diggin :)
  3. Too bad we had only 3 drivers last race, its a thrill to drive with a full grid in this sim.
  4. yeah too bad but if you place your name in the list is very great
  5. Bram

@TSF: we don't run a league at the moment, actually the only thing we need is a small group of european drivers that wants to join in the club. From there we can see if there is enough interest in a league.

To be honest I am completely lost what is now the central point of ARCA. TSF homepage?
  6. Point will be stock cars, in varying configurations (late model, COT, Truck, Nationwide, Arca) ... All these items will be utilized as we develop further. Arca will still be represented. Software title is a lil different to help reflect the expansion "Octane Racing"
  7. i'm in !!!!!!!
  8. for what i understand next year there will be a yearly subscrition
  9. Bram

I am now very confused. I thought ARCA 2 was coming as a new game or is it now an expansion? what is octane racing and ..... subscription, seriously?
  10. ASR 2 will be stand alone. Some of the items which will be in it, may/will be tested in ASR 1 through the client during development. Octane Racing will be ASR 2 title name, a series is also evolving over at our site which is similarly titled. Subscription will also be the method of purchase and use. A single fee paid yearly will give you online access to the software. Non-subscribers will have only offline access. There will be no separate purchases to gain content to ASR 2. The exact content included with ASR 2 (Octane Racing) has not been finalized.
  11. Bram

So if i understand it right we will have to pay for:
    1. a stand alone game ARCA 2/ Octane racing
    2. a yearly subscription to race online

If that is correct i fear this is the end for RD and ARCA :( we can nearly fill the servers at this point with drivers let alone if they also have to pay extra for a subscription and we still have to pay for our own servers to set up our own events in the racing club.

Why this sudden move to wards the subscription thing?
  12. Your step 1 and 2 are the same thing, if all you ever want to do is run offline, then nothing is due. If you want to race online, you have to have a valid subscription. We want to offer more in the way of content, and advance the product further in physics, graphics, etc .... This costs money. There will also be a new stats/ranking system. The subscription cost, which has not been decisively determined yet, will not be overwhelming as others though.

Our original release in ASR exceeded everyones expectations at TSF, and the area we felt most needed to be improved for everyone was content and stats/rankings. A subscription process, kept reasonable, was/is the only economic method viable for us currently.
  13. Bram

With all respect I don't need extra services Zippy: here i have my own online races, advanced statistics, rankings for free. I am not interested in offline play.

Oh well, will first see what comes our way.
  14. me i'm ready to pay for having a great european division with union of europeans stockcar driver,here at RD is great for other series but for arca is very difficult to have more then 10 driver
  15. i think we must wait and see.
    with the new contents(more cars and tracks), better phisics, graphics, and laser scanning(with RFACTOR 2 ENGINE), i think more european people will join the cause with ARCA 2.
    i consider ARCA the best for stock car racing out there so just let see next year what will be the reaction with this new product(i'll buy it).
  16. for this time is arca08 the best stockcar sim and the poeple dont run with it,very bad situation,for runing on a big lineup i run with american league when my time is ok