When will we see some European Sportscars?

Diagram on cars/tracks available vs how many active users there are in iRacing.
Should be noted that the inactive numbers are much closer between USA and Europe, which tells it´s own story really.

Greyed out area is what is coming. Only did it for the tracks because i can´t off the top of my head remember exactly what cars are coming. I know Lotus 49 and Mclaren though.

Should also mention that US tracks includes Rovals and Ovals with a racetrack.
They are considered road courses so had to be included. Pure ovals are not included.

Jetta is not included :) The Americans say it´s a european car but the euros are in denial saying they have never seen that car before ;)

The Jetta is actually an existing model right now both in the EU and the US. The Jetta is old and newer models were called Vento and Bora in EU, but retained the Jetta name in the US. There's a relatively new Jetta in both areas right now that iRacing probably based their car upon. Frankly it's not the kind of car to draw the attention.

The Jetta is actually an existing model right now both in the EU and the US. The Jetta is old and newer models were called Vento and Bora in EU, but retained the Jetta name in the US. There's a relatively new Jetta in both areas right now that iRacing probably based their car upon. Frankly it's not the kind of car to draw the attention.
Yes i know it´s sold here in sweden as well. I was trying to make a joke but none got it ;)

Yes i know it´s sold here in sweden as well. I was trying to make a joke but none got it ;)

Oh I got it :D. It falls under the cars I am sure the Europeans don't want, so sell them to the Americans. I can't complain about gas prices here compared to what you guys pay, but as far as cheap diesel cars in the states VW is all there is. BMW and Mercedes have one car each but they are out of my price range. I have about a 50 mile round trip each day for work and wanted something with good fuel mileage. I am not going to buy a hybrid yet untill they get 75+ mpg. Mt jetta gets the same as a Prius with a little more power as well :).

Oh I got it :D. It falls under the cars I am sure the Europeans don't want, so sell them to the Americans. I can't complain about gas prices here compared to what you guys pay, but as far as cheap diesel cars in the states VW is all there is. BMW and Mercedes have one car each but they are out of my price range. I have about a 50 mile round trip each day for work and wanted something with good fuel mileage. I am not going to buy a hybrid yet untill they get 75+ mpg. Mt jetta gets the same as a Prius with a little more power as well :).
Let´s just say the Jetta isn´t considered one of the finest pieces of cars we make over seas :)

If BMW and Mercedes is out of your price-range then VW is the next best thing i think.
Really good cars for what they are.

If you are after something that is clean but also fun to drive i would suggest the BMW i3.

Mid-engined and RWD :) 170 electric horses and 250Nm /184 lb ft of torque.
carbon chassis so weight is extremely low in the car which adds to handling.

Range is 80-100 miles so should work for most people living in cities.

Seems fun to drive judging by the testing :)

Should look similar to this when entering production,
screen-shot-2011-02-22-at-123846-pm.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%