When will the Euro be abandoned?

Mate I wish I could join you in your belief in our leaders but I'm afraid I just can't. I don't know what the voting is like in Holland or other EU Countries but over here the turn out in elections is getting lower and lower, Democracy is beginning to suffer which is a shame as it cost a lot of lives to keep it :(

Maybe the UK should form it's own Union with Countries that we have a close affiliation with like Holland ;)

Didn't/doesn't the UK belong to something like that?
I think it's called a Commonwealth....;)
I'd personally like to see the Commonwealth returned to meaning a bit more than a reason for leaders of it's member countries to get together at the tax payers expense for a grand old knees-up!

There might be ever increasing low numbers turning out to vote in the UK, but it could be worse...
Imagine how much more corrupt those parasites (politicians) would be if it was like here in Oz...
If we don't vote we get a fine!
And when we DO vote, the person we entrust our vote to then gives it away as a 'preferential vote' to someone no-one has really voted FOR!:O_o:
It's also set up that if you 'donkey vote' or even cast a 'Conscientious Objector' vote it goes to the incumbents:confused::mad:
So much for a democracy as far as Australia's concerned:(
But that's OK, the masses don't generally mind as they still have Beer, Televised sport & Gambling....
Hell, we can even bet on election results!
Now where did that forehead slap icon go...?

The bigger problem are the wages the EU politicians receive. Many of them receive more than €250k each year and the EU wants to pay them even more...
From what money? Dutch, Finnish and German money apparently.

Before we got the Euro everything went well. So why wouldn't it go well if we throw it away? Denmark and Sweden do still exist. Switzerland and Norweay still exist (ok, bank and oil of course). But at the moment we're paying so much money to the EU without receiving anything except stricter laws, stricter this, stricter that.. Oh and they need our money of course :). Let's not forget all Dutch low-educated people are being replaced by cheaper East-Europeans. Thanks for the open borders EU..

Oh, and politicians don't listen to their people. When we voted AGAINST the European Constitution the government dropped our participation. Just a few months later they accepted the Lisbon treaty which is nearly the same and they never asked the people again whether they agreed, just being afraid we voted against it again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back