When is GPL 2.0 coming

After trying the hugely disappointing f12016, simulating the hugely disappoint contemporary F1, I wondered: when is the gpl 2.0 patch coming for Automobilista?

Im close to stop all my car sim related activities, not bother with pc updates because the thing i used to have with todays racing cars: gorgeously sounding NA engines in light nimble single seater chassis, with plenty of set up options, is gone.

What I can tell you is that the new Formula Vintage is a blast to drive, it is physically and mentally demanding to drive those cars in the limit, personally I prefer the '69 version that has wings on it , and theres is quiet a difference between the v8 and v12, mainly in the way that influences the driving style.

images from @KoshaPashkin
mrU5EtP.jpg
0qFhQAf.jpg

• Deleted member 130869

After trying the hugely disappointing f12016, simulating the hugely disappoint contemporary F1, I wondered: when is the gpl 2.0 patch coming for Automobilista?

Im close to stop all my car sim related activities, not bother with pc updates because the thing i used to have with todays racing cars: gorgeously sounding NA engines in light nimble single seater chassis, with plenty of set up options, is gone.

Doubt there will ever be anything unless a developer provides the vast majority of the tracks and a trio of different performing cars. The GPL community is composed of much older guys satisfied with their platform and ability to create content for it faster. They won't recreate everything they already have.

What I can tell you is that the new Formula Vintage is a blast to drive, it is physically and mentally demanding to drive those cars in the limit, personally I prefer the '69 version that has wings on it , and theres is quiet a difference between the v8 and v12, mainly in the way that influences the driving style.

images from @KoshaPashkin
mrU5EtP.jpg
0qFhQAf.jpg

Is it already available in the game? Or are you a developer that has acces to it? Looks damn amazing!

Hopefully the 1.0 release will be by the end of this month. The Formula Vintage cars are great and the Formula Retro is a lot of fun as well if your F1 interests extend to the 70's. There are also some more retro circuits in the works to run these cars at.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 382 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%