When I teach my nephew 8 years old Drift in AC, I can't believe it !!!

Kid have more concentrate than me. I told him how to do then leave. He practice 1 hr. no problem.
But for me when practice to drift Can't do more than 15 min. I got bore and shut down to go to sleep.
(for me at beginner may be spin 100 times in 15 min.)
Kid can do drift beginner in clip faster than me may be 2-3 time !!

Clip Description:

Start by Power Oversteer then use Hand brake at the end.

Car: BMW E30 Drift spec. | Track: Shibuya Drift

Setting in Game :
G27 900 degree, Hand brake: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro , Gear H Pattern
All assist Off

I think it's amazing that Kunos have made a physics engine that an 8 year old can learn to drift in an hour or so!
Did we see the same video? He did half drifts, because the other half he hit the wall, then in next one he lost control, and in the last drift attempt the car bogged down half way.
So how does that relate to your attempt of calling the physics in AC so easy that an 8yo can learn to drift in an hour or so? Watch again the video and see if he really drifted. I don't want to discourage the boy, by the contrary, his effort was very good, but to make a full drift he will need to practice more to improve his skills and get more experience, because in this video he didn't sustain the drift nor recovered from it.

Before I teach him to drift beginner. I teach him to drive F40.
This is the first time of him with F40.

8 years old already known:
- If too much carry speed into turn cause understeer.
- If too much power mid turn cause oversteer.
- If Lift off in mid turn cause oversteer.

It's shame when compare to me I have just known these thing when start play sim. What about you when do you know these thing?

Why I should F40 to teach him?

"If you can drive F40 in AC , You can drive whatever car in the world."

I really enjoy your enthusiasm and it's always awesome seeing kids learning so quickly, but moving a virtual car is pretty easy. With high power cars it's essential to put TC on as little kids are usually not the best when it comes to soft and controlled movements - especially with their feet :) But besides that it's a concept very easy to understand.

Driving fast and driving fast in traffic are what requires skill in racing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%