F1 2010 When do I get my first R&D parts?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all out there, ive just started f12010 and am doing ok, however i have had no R+D. I am at Malaysia now and was wondering when i get mt first R+D parts. Any help would be well appreciated. thanks

It should appear soon enough. It might be a 10% something increase which means you don't have to do a test. When you do get one, make sure to do all of the sessions that you can (1 or 3) to make sure you receive it if its a 5% increase of something.

Talking about R&D, so I won't create a new thread, is it normal for the Unique upgrade to dissapear after 1 or 2 races? Every season once I get the unique upgrade, it's gone after 1 or 2 races. Also, there is always only 1, even tho there are 2 slots.

Not sure about the Unique one.
General Upgrades are signalled by the engineer saying "we have some performance tests to do this session"
Get your setup done then on the engineers menu click accept as you will be taken straight to track.
in the HUD rhs top will be "R&D lap..../7" when you hit the target time it will go green and then revert simply to "lap....."
You must do this for each practice session, and you must not re start the session or take a fresh engine and so lose the end of the session. You can accellerate time though.

About "Unique upgrades"... You can't use it for more than one race. They are built specially for the track. Just look on which tracks you can get them... Monako, Spa, Monza, Suzuka... Extremely low donwforce, or extremly high downforce. These tracks need special packets to improve speed of car, and team is giving you some special upgrades ONLY FOR THIS ONE TRACK.

If you are interested about real F1, then you will know that, real teams are doing the same. The worst, HRT, had special upgrade for Monako.

And why team is not using it longer? For the same reason, that you aren't using 11/9 wings on Monza (crap). Some tracks need more downforce, some tracks not. The other reason is that, team want to give you more downforce without wings adjustment. That's why u can drive fast sector 2 on Spa with 1/1 wings.

Athelas,

"If you are interested about real F1, then you will know that, real teams are doing the same. "

Maybe its translation-
I guess thats why people come here because thay are interested in F1. If we can help them great. It doesn't make any one of us ignorant because we ask nor does it make us a guru because we answer.
We can just do it in a nice spririt.

Sorry mates, really didn't want to call anybody "ignorant", and really didn't want to show myself as "guru". I wanted only to show that game taken this from real F1. I understand that it's forum about game, not about motorracing.

Once again, sorry for my poor english and previous post. I gave offense, but i didn't want to.

Cheers mates.

General Upgrades are signaled by the engineer saying "we have some performance tests to do this session". Get your setup done then on the engineers menu click accept as you will be taken straight to track. You must do this for each practice session, and you must not re start the session or take a fresh engine and so lose the end of the session.

It is very important to remember not to change engines during these performance test sessions. In my first season I made the mistake of swapping engines at the end of P1 not knowing I was losing the upgrade and went through half the season with no car upgrades until I read a post here not to swap engines.

I don't understand the upgrades to this game. I am 11 races into my 2nd season and I appear to have lost all the upgrades from the 1st season and have really only had about 3 performance test sessions in my 2nd season. I am having a harder time in the 2nd season using the HRT in qualifying sessions than I had in the 1st season (part of this could simply be the database file I use now which is a modded version), but I have actually finished in the points more in the 2nd season than the 1st season (how much of that is car upgrades and how much is that myself just knowing more about how to drive the various tracks).

This game is still fun, but it leaves a lot to be desired on the reality front. Of course it is a game. LOL

Actually if you stay at the same team, apparently the car gets better. All the upgrades from the previous sessions are lost, but overall, the car goes up a tier. You sure you haven't modified the AI in the 2nd season, and made them harder, hence you think the performance is worst?

Interestingly My993C2 I am at a similar stage. Just finished Korea in season 2 (of 7). I have 111 points in WDC and 7th place.
I feel the Lotus has been stronger at most tracks in season 2 and despite dropping ABS.TCS and Racing line my times have been better due to improving driving. As well as dropping assists level, I turned on tyre sim and put AI from Pro to Legend so its hard to compare yr 1 and 2 results exactly.
But Korea was a disaster. Against Pro AI I had Pole, this year with no assists I lost 2 secs at this track!!!! and qualified P14. Finishing P17.
It does make podiums sweeter when they are harder to get though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back