• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

WHEN an iracing competitor in multiplayer system??

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by danracer2000, Aug 17, 2017.

1. project cars 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. automobilista 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. assetto corsa 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. rfactor 2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. gran turismo sport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. raceroom (bad) experience

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. danracer2000

danracer2000
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Whe need SR and iR to clasify the racers and to mix them to similar skilled racers and enjoy more the experience.

may be will be PC2, GT sport (this is trying to make an iR and SR systm..), AMS2, AC 2, rF2 will implemet it?

Its mandatory the sims addapt, and SR ad iR is the way to go, not perfect, but better than nothing.

iRacing has made it well, he has the market there still is NO competition, so they has the hight prices, but we need competition to go fordward ad improve!

I hope rf2, ams2 , pc2, ac2, gt sport WORK ON THAT please.

I would like to hear the oppinions of more experienced simracers , i am 3 months in simracing, a newcomer but a passionate one.

Have a nice day you all! kisses! :p

2. Davide Sciacca

Davide Sciacca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +41
    None of them option is missing.

PC is a game, like GT, for all the audience. Nothing that can reach iRacing.
    AC2 , AMS2 are not a thing, just people's hope, so it could be or it couldn't be.
    rFactor 2? Mmmh, just no.

Only R3E probably will have a rating system because of his nature pretty similar to iRacing: an online platform where to challenge other drivers.
    But like iRacing? I don't think so.

So my answer is "None of them". We can only hope that iRacing will have in the future the FFB of rFactor2/AC (and physic too), the same price of R3E's DLC and the graphic of PC2/GT Sport.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    • Sad Sad x 1
  3. danracer2000

danracer2000
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    wow so pesimistic...hahaha may be true...

of course r3e has a cool combo of tracks cars etc but the handling....my account is not being used...the handling and the tracks are not the best ones out there.

AC is one of the most played sims....can be improved and a lot of racers will follow and play there.

i dont see imposible for rf2 or ams 2 to addapt to that kind of systems , yeah they have a lot of work out there....

GTsport is gonna have SR and iR! yeah lets see what happens.

These games have, want and NEED to compete to steal the racers from iracing or they never sell as a huge product, they will improve and they know that for multiplayer massive competition they need these kind of ratings of skill and security on the track. They will go for it, but i wanna see in the next months please!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. David Wright

David Wright

Ratings:
    +259
    pCARs has sold over 2 million copies, AC has sold well over 1 million copies. The last figures I saw for iRACING was 60,000 members. Now I realise this under-estimates iRACING "sales" as the figure doesn't include memberships which have lapsed, but pCARs and AC do not need to compete with iRACING to "sell as a huge product".

People seem to focus on a rating system as the way to compete with iRACING but the iRACING package is broader than just a rating system.

First, you have to ensure you have enough on-line racers for each racing series. In order to achieve this, iRacing started with a limited number of racing series and only expanded these as the membership grew. Even with this strategy there are some series which are not very well populated. Although R3E are going to add a rating system, I don't think they have enough on-line players to offer multi-split pick up races every half hour for all the race series they offer. rF2, AMS and AMS2 will have the same issue. Even AC couldn't offer a sensible sized grid for all the cars they offer let alone mod content. pCARs2 will also struggle IMO because they are offering so many kinds of racing, but if the rating system works and gets established before people get bored, they just might pull it off. One reason people race the AI is because its generally a far better experience than pick up racing but if pCARs2 rating system can clean up pick up racing you might attract enough of the people who normally race AI.

Second, iRacing offers an attractive package to their home market, the USA, with a great line-up of cars and tracks for NASCAR, truck racing, CART and now dirt racing. While pCARS2 and rF2 dabble with stock cars and CART they can't offer the comprehensive track list which iRacing does.

Finally, people have invested large sums in iRacing. Once you've invested in the cars and tracks, there is a big incentive to stick with it rather than throw your money away and jump ship.

• Like Like x 1
  5. danracer2000

danracer2000
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    of course they sell and well, BUT iracing has more or less 400000 membership sold, each one paying months and cars and tracks :D

thats true but the best is this system, its the great peculiarity.

Yeah, thats true but PC2 and AC has enought people that could play with several splits, we know that. And rf2 and ams will gain so many players if they would have a cool mltiplayer iR -SR system. Fully agree with ur last statement.

may be in quality by now NOT, but there are s many mods (yeah ot hight quality sometimes...huhu) of cars and tracks free most of them. iracing sell tracks and cars as if they were gold, and these items are not yours if you dont update the month payment :D, you feel a kind of soul emptyness.

Thats totally true, you feel bad if u dont play, huhu, BUT rf2 , dont know the others , in leagues you can play with so serious and fast people, and of course the sim itself is MORE SERIOUS. (rf2/ams than iracing, dont play iracing for the physics of course, not bad - but not best).