Sell Wheels and bits for sale

Kek700

Premium
I have just found out my bearings are shot on my Simcube sport.:(
So have taken this opportunity to sell some stuff in the hopes of replacing my DD wheel.

Vcore dash £25

Dayton amp and two home made
( poorly made ) base shakers, you can use the home made base shakers to experiment before buying some better ones.
Neighbours did not appreciate my base shakers :-/. £100 + postage

Ascher racing simcube wheel, good buy if you have just purchased a simcube DD and need a starter wheel.
( Simcube Bluetooth ) . £300 + postage.

Cube control pro wheel with clutch paddles (usb) £500 + postage.

3D04A4A7-0987-41E1-9446-6CC787009F3B.jpegE1ACC3B2-A375-4055-8D1F-3F22411FC21C.jpeg

B6BF4897-B049-4D85-BFC7-49B63599D666.jpeg
8206CE55-B785-4A56-98C5-BE32B1DBBAA5.jpeg9CA2B501-5C17-43AF-8D70-D901513822A4.jpeg8C95D1A2-A6A3-4693-9737-D72A6A4C8336.jpegC04EE406-68A6-4D55-B08E-3426EAA0F8B0.jpeg

Attachments

• B94CABC7-93FB-4296-8860-C390D71BE2B3.jpeg
    B94CABC7-93FB-4296-8860-C390D71BE2B3.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 71
  • CCBB1519-1538-4D3B-842F-8E15D92F6AD5.jpeg
    CCBB1519-1538-4D3B-842F-8E15D92F6AD5.jpeg
    511.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 2209A86F-0834-4B98-AFCE-BD4B0AA9DE74.jpeg
    2209A86F-0834-4B98-AFCE-BD4B0AA9DE74.jpeg
    739.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your SC Sport trouble--good luck with your sales. Interested in learning more about this issue. The common perception is the top brand DD wheels are essentially indestructible industrial motors and sim racing would barely tax their capacity.

I am curious about use details and other factors. Is it a confirmed bearing failure? Unit date of manufacture/years used. Weight and diameter of wheels. Length of shaft extensions. FFB strength percentage typically selected.

Can you estimate approximately how many hours you put on your wheelbase? Hans and Franz bodybuilder types as drivers? Beam.NG demolition derby use?

i am confused by it all, I move my wheel up and down, i feel and hear a knocking sound, i have removed all the the wheel extensions and QR and then try and move the motor shaft, rock solid, but obviously i cannot put the same force on the shaft as with the steering wheel and all the extensions attached, i also just grabbed just the extensions before the QR to eliminate that and it still knocks, but then some times it seems ok. I have tightened up all the bolts in the 80;40 aluminium extrusion to no avail. Trouble is i am somewhat Mutton Jeff so hearing it efficiently is outside of my many scopes of inability.:(
All the extensions provide quite a lot of leverage, Bought it mid 2019, a lot of hours that for sure??

Last edited:
i am confused by it all, I move my wheel up and down, i feel and hear a knocking sound, i have removed all the the wheel extensions and QR and then try and move the motor shaft, rock solid, but obviously i cannot put the same force on the shaft as with the steering wheel and all the extensions attached, i also just grabbed just the extensions before the QR to eliminate that and it still knocks, but then some times it seems ok. I have tightened up all the bolts in the 80;40 aluminium extrusion to no avail. Trouble is i am somewhat Mutton Jeff so hearing it efficiently is outside of my many scopes of inability.:(
All the extensions provide quite a lot of leverage, Bought it mid 2019, a lot of hours that for sure??
Hope you can get it sorted. Consider posting your issue in the hardware forum where others with similar experience might read.

When turning the shaft slowly ( left or right ) does it click/knock ? Or only happen after so many turns ?

When wheel was on it only clicked when turning left for me, not all the time but every now and again, I sent a video to Simucube support and they said it might be the bearings and once they took it apart it was indeed the bearing so had mine replaced.

Yes same, I have checked and checked and have come to the conclusion it is the bearings.
Probably exaggerated by the Long extensions I am using. So thank you for your input, sort of makes my mind up.:thumbsup:
I probably was under the illusion that the DD drive would last for ever, even though it is the sport, I run it at about 50% torque output. I wondered if the pro is better built.:unsure:

I can't imagine that Simucube (Granite Devices) won't be able to repair the base. At that price point, they surely won't tell you to throw away a whole Wheelbase just for the front bearing.

I would record a video (and maybe send it to me so I can check the sound, boost/filter it and see if I can hear noises) and contact their support.

Basically it seems that I have been using too long steering wheel to DD motor.
extention, 30cm.
Simcube recommend 15cm, so I have reduced the extension, now much better, at least I am now unable to detect any movement.
It also apparent that my DD was one of the first, they updated the bearing for later DD Drive units.
But I will eventually replace it, there is no advantage or build difference to the Pro, you have the same set of limitations.

So every thing still up for sale.

Sorry Ernie! I didn't instantly watch that video although I wanted to and then my brain just checked it off as "done". :unsure:
The play doesn't sound great, like you said. 30cm is quite a lot without an extra bearing and they apparently updated the bearing/construction.
Sounds like it could use the updated one, yeah.

Happy to hear that you managed to use a shorter extension and aren't bothered by the play anymore! :)

I guess you might should create a new sale thread with the parts in the title though. Completely derailed into a Simucube bearing thread :whistling::roflmao:

There is quite a long discussion with Simcube, but the much shortened version is in the above, which says all you really need to know.
I just moved "screens" and wheel nearer to me and reduced the extension to about 15cm, I am sure the play still exists but that made it so small I am now unable to detect it whilst using the wheel. Before at 30cm, easily noticed it whilst driving. ( probably more than 30cm to the steering wheel grip ):confused:
in the mean time, I will save for a new Sport DD and replace when i have the funds available.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.