Wheel suggestions

M

mrcheetos

• mrcheetos

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum (as you can tell), so sorry if this is in the wrong section, but as far as I can tell, I should be posting this in the right section.

Anyway, I'm looking for some opinions from experienced racers on good racing wheels. I know the G25 is probably the best wheel, but I'm on a teenager's budget, and $300 is a little too much! :rotfl:

I'm just getting into the sim racing scene, so, naturally, I just want to test the waters with a cheaper wheel to see how it feels. I've been a big fan of past games like Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo, etc, but then GTR just takes the cake, it may not have the in-game customization features (Well, that I know of, I haven't fully explored the game yet) that the former have, but it's a lot of fun to play. I've just never played a racing game, save for games at the arcade, with a wheel.

The MOMO racing wheel appeals to me the most, it's 200 bucks less, but what about the quality? I've read some reviews online about it, but I'd rather have an opinion straight from one of you guys.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/wheels/devices/320&cl=us,en

Thanks in advance.

Does the MS wheel or the Logitech Drive FX work for Race 07?

The MS wheel does work, if you have the wireless reciever dongle for your PC, there ae a few downsides though - main one being that there is no rumble or force feedback when it is used on a PC ( I believe the MS drivers havent been updated for this yet - and dont know when they will be either!)

That said, I have just made the change for PC racing to the Driving Force GT - got one for £50 off of that famous auction site. Best move I have made withiut going the whole hog on £150 for a G25:drool:

• Bert Van Waes

I know i do. I'm driving with a DFGT too. Only i us logitech driver. The latest one it seems, but someone said here you can use the dial for the brakes and all. But i don't understand cause mine still show up as a dfp on the driver setup menu.
Could you give me a link to the newest update? Greets

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back