Wheel Stand Pro (or something else), suggestions please?

Hello all,
I am currently clamping my G27 w/shifter to a wooden desk. But I would really like to upgrade my shifter to a TH8A. Problem is, it will not clamp to the desk. I also plan to upgrade to a Thrustmaster wheel whenever my 3-year-old G27 bites the dust.
So, while I think a Wheel Stand Pro would be a good option for me, I want one that will work for the G27, but more importantly, will also hold a Thrusmaster wheel. I see that they are sold for one or the other, but am wondering if I could *clamp* my G27 wheel to a WSPro that is made for the Thrusmaster wheels? Then when I upgrade wheel, I could bolt the wheel base on. Would pedal base fitment be a concern as well?
I assume there are good reasons the stands are for specific brands, but thought I'd ask if anyone has experience.
Thanks. :)

why would TH8A not clamp to desk ? it can handle wide range of desk thickness ...
Anyway I heard good thinkg about WS .. being stable and so .. only complains I heard was that having construction between legs might make H&T less comfy .

you should be able clamp it to TM version ... just not with bolts .. only with clamps .. and if it is too thin you can alway put piece of wood between wheel and stand ..
I`m thinking about getting one too .. same case - now Logitech, planing to get T300 ..

Upvote 0
I think it wouldn't work? There is a lip on the desk that prevents the G27 shifter from clamping securely. It works, but just barely. Anyway, I think the Thrustmaster shifter would be too tall for my liking when clamped at same level as the wheel.
20170117_175432.jpg

20170117_174902.jpg

I'm thinking I can slide the pedal section under, near where my pedals are now, and then slide the monitor all the way to the desk edge, and sit a little further back.

Upvote 0
well technicaly you need 4 cm of space uder the desk .. 5.5 cm if you wanna have it "full in" ..... or cut of that wood bellow desk board. :)
Or just get that WS .. I think WS, even if not being perfect will be better than any desk solution ..
I have screen I`m using for sims on arm so I just rotate it so it is sitting next to my table, slide WS underneeth and place screen directly abovo wheel base .. I recoment getting such an arm will make ... if sliding WS under table you`ll

Upvote 0
The GT Omega wheelstand is far better than the Wheelstand Pro in my experience. It's not as foldable but it doesnt have a centerpost , supports multiple wheels and pedals and is extremely sturdy. In addition to that you can 'upgrade' it with a seat.

I used it both with a G27 as well as a TX. worked great with both.

Upvote 0
Have you thought about a GT Omega Racing wheel stand? They fit nearly all wheels and they do a shifter mount cuz I've got one!
its for sale actually...

Upvote 0
GT Omega looks good .. construction goes on sides instead of in the middle ... it is 50% more expensive + shipping ... Wheel stand Pro is available in every computer shop in my country .. I`ll see, in my case there is a good chance I`ll be returning it and going back to desk or for better DIY solution ... but thanx for suggestion (I know it was suggestion to OP but still ;) )

Upvote 0
That Omega looks really good. More stable too, I would wager. I just need to measure and make sure the bottom section would slide partially under my desk. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%