F1 2012 wheel settings for 2012

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys i having a steering lock issue in this 2012 demo. My DFGT steer lock gone whenever i gain control the wheel, if i pause the game the lock is back, i mean i can turn more than the degree of rotation that i set, any idea how to fix this ??
Thanx first. Good day :)
Same thing here and I was just about to ask about it. It's like the game used the global settings while driving and the game specific profile in the menu...
DAFUQ? Hopefully they'll fix this in the full version.

Wow the cars feel so much better, less of the arcade feel when taking corners. But the car been so twitchy down the straights is annoying as heel. I finally got my wheel fixed for 2011 only to have the thing i had fixed with 2011 happen in 2012. I have only done 1 run so far, but i have had the linearity set to 20% which helped but it needs to be much higher from the looks of things. Perhaps 30 to 40%.

Does changing the FFB settings do anything?

Has anyone had the issue where it does not save any of the settings you put in?

Yes ...... I hate to say it but the autosave bug is back. It worked perfectly for a day for me, the next day no autosave (or manual save).

I am assuming that you have autosave enabled in MyF1 > Profile. If you do have it enabled, then when you change any wheels settings or mappings, when you exit this part of the menu you SHOULD see and autosave warning and rotating 'busy' graphic on your screen.

If you don't see this, you are buggered and will NOT get it back. I can't begin to tell you how many hours I have spent trying to fix it in my install. I have tried all the old tricks from F1 2011 and more, but to no avail.

So currently if you want autosave back you have to start afresh, which isn't a big deal for a demo. The quickest method :-

1/ Run Steam

2/ Right Click on Demo > Properties > Updates > Disable the Steam Cloud for the game

3/ Close Steam

4/ Browse to YourDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\4389737\211940\remote

5/ Delete the file savegame@profile0#gtehxosjz_0 or savegame@profile0#gtehxosjz_1 Either one will do.

6/ Start Steam and run the game

7/ You will now be informed that your profile is corrupt, so select 'Create New Profile' and to overwrite the old profile.

*** Note if you had deleted ALL the files in that folder, when you boot the game you would get a NO PROFILE warning and cannot you go any further ***

8/ Once you have created a new profile, you start everything again, and have to setup your controller, graphics, sounds etc. Personally I went into My F1 > Profile and disabled autosave. To save ANYTHING you would manually have to use the My F1 > Save option after everything you do, or just before you close the game, it's up to you

9/ Once you are happy with everything, close down the game.

10/ Right Click on the demo > Properties > Updates > Re-enable Steam Cloud

11/ At some point, probably when you close Steam you will get a Steam Cloud warning about the files in the local folder being different to the files on the cloud. Make sure that you select to sync the files up to the cloud, NOT from the cloud. Otherwise you are back on square one with the same broken file(s)

12/ Job done

Logitech G27
2012-wheel-1.jpg

2012-wheel-2.jpg

2012-Profiler.jpg

So, anyone else tried this?
I'm looking for a good setup and i'm not finding much regarding this, probably because they just released the game.
I wish codemasters could give us some insight about wheel configuration but i'll love some help in here too if you guys can provide me.
Thanks!
(I'm using a G27)

Wouldn't the hardest and most realistic setting be everything at zero and all effects at 100%? Minus "Centering Spring".

I'm using a Logitech DF Pro wheel (bungee cable around pedals for firmer feel) and that setup feels the best... If you're aiming for realism. Anyone try this on a high-end Fanatec or Thrustmaster yet?

Using Driving Force GT on PS3. I really like the high linearity...takes "dartyness" out of car as well as helps to feel the car better...you have to be smooth on turn in tho...no last second pull of the wheel to keep from overshooting a corner!
Advanced wheel settings
Steering deadzone – 0%
Steering Saturation – 10%
Steering Linearity – 75%
Throttle deadzone – 0%
Throttle saturation - 0%
Brake deadzone – 0% (2% if using load cell brakes)
Brake saturation – 0% (10% if using load cell brakes)

Force feedback options
Environmental effects – 20%
Feedback strength – 100%
Wheel weight – 100%

Using Driving Force GT on PS3. I really like the high linearity...takes "dartyness" out of car as well as helps to feel the car better...you have to be smooth on turn in tho...no last second pull of the wheel to keep from overshooting a corner!
Advanced wheel settings
Steering deadzone – 0%
Steering Saturation – 10%
Steering Linearity – 75%
Throttle deadzone – 0%
Throttle saturation - 0%
Brake deadzone – 0% (2% if using load cell brakes)
Brake saturation – 0% (10% if using load cell brakes)
Force feedback options
Environmental effects – 20%
Feedback strength – 100%
Wheel weight – 100%

75% STeering Linearity will make the steering very slow in response right ??

75% STeering Linearity will make the steering very slow in response right ??
The closer to 100% Linearity the ratio of wheel input becomes 1-1. So ya it slows the wheel down...but turn up the saturation the 10% and the wheel responds quite nice. I like how with this setting i can have a smooth steady turn in until reaching the lock...it suits my style and keeps me from sliding the front tires.

The closer to 100% Linearity the ratio of wheel input becomes 1-1. So ya it slows the wheel down...but turn up the saturation the 10% and the wheel responds quite nice. I like how with this setting i can have a smooth steady turn in until reaching the lock...it suits my style and keeps me from sliding the front tires.

Thanx for the reply but i still not yet understand what linearity for, i didnt get the 1-1 meaning on this :) By the way my DFGT steer lock is gone in this 2012, not sure if cause by the game but it work fine in 2011.

My post above about the G27 is null and void now as far as I am concerned. it was an initial setting on release of the demo.

Currently I have hit the default button on the profiler, and adjusted the wheel rotation to 285 degree. Everything else in done in game.

Thanx for the reply but i still not yet understand what linearity for, i didnt get the 1-1 meaning on this :) By the way my DFGT steer lock is gone in this 2012, not sure if cause by the game but it work fine in 2011.
My steering lock works fine...the 1-1 is the ratio of wheel movement to input...1 to 1 means that the wheel turns in game at the same rate which you put input/steering into your wheel. The car is real sensitive to steering inputs in the demo and at game start because the input ratio is real high as it is set to a low linearity number...someone correct me if i'm wrong?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back