F1 2012 wheel settings for 2012

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Advanced wheel settings
Steering deadzone – 1%
Steering Saturation – 5%
Steering Linearity – 4%
Throttle deadzone – 0%
Throttle saturation - 0%
Brake deadzone – 0% (2% if using load cell brakes)
Brake saturation – 0% (10% if using load cell brakes)

Force feedback options
Environmental effects – 20%
Feedback strength – 100%
Wheel weight – 10%

Perhaps this thread helps.

Logitech G27

This is nowhere near finished, and I started with the settings Jan has posted above.

The base settings recommended by CM seem to leave this wheel, and others very loose in a straight line, and you can end up weaving down the track with constant drifting left and right. Even with my current settings, even though I feel lumps and bumps, I don't feel connected to the track. In slow corners I just don't feel that rolling resistance, that wheel stiffness that gives you feedback on the grip level. However this is only the beginning, so it will take a bit of experimentation to tune the settings a bit more.

I used the same Logitech Profiler settings that I used in F1 2011, except for 2 settings. I upped my wheel rotation setting from 222 degrees to 250. The other is the centre spring setting. In F1 2011 I had it enabled, but set to 0%. In this demo I have set it to 1%, and for me this seems the stop the straight line drifting/twitchiness, and adds a bit a weight to the wheel.

For the moment I have left the Overall Effect Strength the same as F1 2011 @ 107%. I am NOT sure if it is needed this year, and I haven't done enough testing to find out. The 107% setting came about because of this wheel's (and the DFGT's) tendency to go slack in the middle of a tight turn like a hairpin. So I am leaving it there for the moment.

I know my profiler picture says F1 2011, but I have it set as the global profile used.

Here's some pics of my current (but not final) setup ...

2012-wheel-1.jpg

2012-wheel-2.jpg

2012-Profiler.jpg

Anyone have any good settings for the Fanatec CSR? I tried my 2011 settings which I use 900 rotation with 75% steering sat in game and it works really well but no matter what I try in 2012 the steering is really light and twitchy, I'm all over the track LOL

@Gnu UK
Thanks, now the twitchyness is gone. :thumbsup:
But with 107% FF, the effects are too strong for me, even with everything @10% ingame.

If I lower the Windows settings below 107%, last year's bug AKA "FF deadzone" is back :(

Ah .... I hadn't tried changing the 107% yet, as I have been playing with the cockpit cam, and adding a 'look to apex' setting.

I have now changed from the settings above. I have removed the 1% spring setting and gone back to 0%, the rest of the profiler is the same.

The FFB settings are the same.

Advanced settings:

I have a feeling that the steering linearity @ 25% has stopped the twitching, that's why I set the spring back to 0%

No doubt I will end up changing it again .... lol - Trial & Error :)

Chances are slim but does anyone else use the T500 RS F1 wheel? I've been using the F1 2011 settings and they're ok but maybe there are better ones out there. :)

I use T500 RS F1 rim, but I tryed my F1 2011 settings, but I can't control.
my F1 2011 setting is only steering saturation 72% and others all 0%
but maybe I need new F1 2012 settings.

Well, mine were all 0% except linearity: 30%.

In some corners I can feel the wheel not giving any feedback (as if I'd have lost contact to the ground) but it's ok as soon as I started steering towards the middle again.

Hi guys i having a steering lock issue in this 2012 demo. My DFGT steer lock gone whenever i gain control the wheel, if i pause the game the lock is back, i mean i can turn more than the degree of rotation that i set, any idea how to fix this ??
Thanx first. Good day :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back