Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

There is something very wrong with FFB settings for my G27. Non of the sliders work. The wheel feels the same with any changes I make. Setting Force Feedback Level at 0 or 100 feels almost the same, with only a slight change, like the Centering Spring is ticked in profiler and set at 100. Stopped playing in fear of wheel damage. Tried re-installing Logitech drivers and changing USB ports, but still the same. All other Sims work fine.

Seems like everytime I read something like this with a G27 wheels, it usually comes back to a game profile created in the Logitech Control Panel which is overriding the in game settings. If I recall on the G27 you can have a global profile and a specific game profile.

Shovas

Premium
I use a G27 and have a specific game profile On:100/0/0, Off:0, On:Off/900, On:Off and I can feel the differences particularly vertical and lateral.

There is something weird about S3's G27 FFB, though, there is *always* centering force (mine is off remember) even if all the forces in-game are set to zero.

My forces are maxed around corners which means there's no space force left for the ffb to tell me anything about how the car is cornering.

Last edited:

Calum McLure

Did ye, aye?
This is the worst part when I start playing a new sim, trying to get some good wheel settings :cry: so many variables on this game as well which doesn't help :O_o:

Using the Fanatec CSR so if anyone manages to get something working give me a shout :p

It would be great if we could separate our wheels into separate topics as I suspect we are going to drown in here looking for specifics on our wheels. Could I suggest at least Logitech FFB, Thrustmaster FFB and Fanatec FFB?

Shovas

Premium
Here's something interesting (G27 but may apply to all):

1. I set all sliders except brake/kerb to 0%: The wheel still has centering forces.

2. I turn *off* force feedback in game and all sliders to 0% like #1: The wheel still has centering forces.

3. I turn on force feedback in game, all sliders 0% like #1: The wheel still has centering forces.

4. I turn up force intensity to 100, all other sliders 0% like #1: Wheel loses all centering forces!

^ This is good. I wanted a baseline to test each individual effect. Without this baseline it's really difficult to get a feel for what's happening when changes are mad.e

5. I turn off force feedback in game, no other changes: Wheel goes back to the same kind of centering forces as before! <-- Frustrating.

6. I turn on force feedback in game, so it's like #4 now: Wheel still has centering forces! <-- even more frustrating! Can't get back to #4!

Shovas

Premium
For G27 owners with a center ffb deadzone: The only trick that seems to work almost completely is setting 120% Overall Effects in the Logitech Profiler. No in-game option achieves it to this degree.

By doing this, however, we amplify in-game settings so you have to mess with them but it's hard to tell without proper explanations/suggestions/case/scenarios and a force meter. iRacing solves this with its Min Force setting. It would be nice to get that in R3E.

See this thread I've started for G27 wheel settings:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/g27-wheel-settings.92941/
Really good settings Shovas I'm using a DFGT with paddles & CSR elite pedals, and these settings make the handling much more consistent. Thanks.

After a lot more testing with the FFB, my observation is that the steering feels like the loads are in steering column rather than the front tyres (having never driven a GT3 in real life that may be correct) so it doesnt always convey where the tyres are at. Having said that it the FFB is probably the best I have felt with feeling the weight of the car you actually feel like your in 1300Kgs car, which to me makes it more immersive.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 78 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%
  • €3001-5000