Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

For everyone with T500rs, here are my settings after the latest update. I am still tweaking it and need some more testing but feels pretty good to me.

2015-04-02_00003.jpg
2015-04-02_00004.jpg
t500.JPG

Last edited:
I also have the TX. I tried it yesterday with the F1 integral rim installed (TX is identified differently then). I was very disappointed felt like I had to run very custom settings like before.

Tried it today with the stock rim and stock settings worked remarkably well. Maybe it´s not the absolute reference regarding ffb but it feels good and who knows what can be done with some tweaking. I tried it with everything from modern and old touring cars, classics, m1 pro car adag masters 2014 mclaren all was perfectly acceptable on standard settings while none felt okay yesterday. Mainly got a big deadzone with absolute no feel around center.

No feel around center and some kind of assist that is "pulling my wheel" back to center. Annoying. I used a TX with the F1 Ferrari add-on. Maybe I should put the GTE rim on to see how it is. Any settings recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Spent some money with the Easter sale going on. Happy to support S3S but I need them Group 5 cars, now!:)

This has nothing to do with the update....but I've just been testing the Auto Return in the Thrustmaster Driver, profiler thingy.....

I changed it 'by wheel' and turn it off (0%) yes I lost some weight in the wheel but my god what a difference (t300) ....Can't believe I haven't done it before.

yeah the setting right at the bottom, that recommends letting the game do it......

sorry away from game....couldn't remember the name of it...

My settings ATM

Driver
Overall 100%
Constant 100%
Periodic 100%
Spring 0%
Damper 0%
Auto-Center (By Wheel) 0%

In Game
FFB Intensity 60-70%
Smoothing, Spring, Damper, Friction 0%

Steering Intensity 100%
Understeer 50%
Vertical 100%
Lateral 100%
Rack 0%

Engine, Brakes 5%
Kerb 60%
Shift 80%

Last edited:
No feel around center and some kind of assist that is "pulling my wheel" back to center. Annoying. I used a TX with the F1 Ferrari add-on. Maybe I should put the GTE rim on to see how it is. Any settings recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Spent some money with the Easter sale going on. Happy to support S3S but I need them Group 5 cars, now!:)
Yeah you got the exact same ffb as me it sounds like. It got a hell of a lot better when I put my TX rim on. Hopefully GTE rim "fit" better also. Maybe it´s just some settings that is different I have been to lazy to check.

I put the settings T300Rs on the official forum. I will repeat here. Try it! If you have more interesting options, I'll be glad to try them)

Attachments

• driver t300rs.jpg
    driver t300rs.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 555
  • RRRE FFB T300RS_11.jpg
    RRRE FFB T300RS_11.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 544
  • RRRE FFB T300RS_22.jpg
    RRRE FFB T300RS_22.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 511
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I don't understand the following:
Suspension balance should be +/- in line with the cars weight. Yet in R3E I see in general that the front suspension is far heavier then in the rear. With the front at it's softest and the rear at it's hardest, the springs are 50%-50%. I know (only from the other race sims) that this is probably wrong.. Either R3E is wrong or ALL the other sims are wrong!? Is this the reason why the car's weight balance isn't mentioned anywhere? The most crucial information is lacking! Same goes for tire information and tire setup! Why can't we see or setup any tires pressures? Because the car's weight balance is not known? Please inform me of any race car with unknown and fixed tire pressure? Any race car without telemetry? How can R3E pretend to be a serious racing simulation without giving the most elementary data???

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I don't understand the following:
Suspension balance should be +/- in line with the cars weight. Yet in R3E I see in general that the front suspension is far heavier then in the rear. With the front at it's softest and the rear at it's hardest, the springs are 50%-50%. I know (only from the other race sims) that this is probably wrong.. Either R3E is wrong or ALL the other sims are wrong!? Is this the reason why the car's weight balance isn't mentioned anywhere? The most crucial information is lacking! Same goes for tire information and tire setup! Why can't we see or setup any tires pressures? Because the car's weight balance is not known? Please inform me of any race car with unknown and fixed tire pressure? Any race car without telemetry? How can R3E pretend to be a serious racing simulation without giving the most elementary data???
Have you noticed the "beta" tag on it? Several features are slated for release in future patches.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back