Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

My problem is, RF2 is the benchmark for me and I would like to play other sims more but unless the FFB matches up then I won't play them. I've spent a lot of money on RRRE and I really hope it developes but I'll try it again in another few months as I do the other sims and when it's comparable to RF2 I'll spend some more.

Yeah i must admit , there seems to be inconsistencies with the track bumps. Zolder is like a ffb jolting nightmare, feels like theres potholes everywhere. Whereas suzuka its so smooth u feel no bumps, even if u can visually see the car jolt.

i imagine some tracks are better than others.

I just got GSCE and had a go with that. Then I had a go in R3E and it felt like I was driving a boat. In GSCE you can feel every little bump and groove, in R3E you feel nothing. I didn't even enjoy R3E, it felt kinda terrible in comparison. I knew this would happen, which is why I put off getting GSCE for so long, but it's worse than I expected.

I just got GSCE and had a go with that. Then I had a go in R3E and it felt like I was driving a boat. In GSCE you can feel every little bump and groove, in R3E you feel nothing. I didn't even enjoy R3E, it felt kinda terrible in comparison. I knew this would happen, which is why I put off getting GSCE for so long, but it's worse than I expected.
Can't agree with ya there - R3E feeling like a boat or feeling nothing. GSCE and R3E are my two favorite sims at the moment but I like the feel in both. There are a few tracks in R3E that are pretty smooth but just finished a GSCE Mini Challenge race (continuing a Championship) at Curitiba then a R3E race with a 92' Mercedes DTM on Zolder, both great feel and fun. Overall I would say GSCE is more consistent but R3E is catching up patch by patch. I've spent a lot of time in both.
It's about time you bought GSCE, it has to be in every sim racers library!

I just got GSCE and had a go with that. Then I had a go in R3E and it felt like I was driving a boat. In GSCE you can feel every little bump and groove, in R3E you feel nothing. expected.

ive been saying this for quite a while.

RRe needs much more feel through the tyres... its still somewhat feels canned. Unfortunatly RR has the content, and tracks and gfx.
Gonna have a good go at gsce tonight i think... would becarefult with mods though, as sometimes, i found all the goodness of GSC could be killed with a badly done car or track or even a combo.
Id just stick to the stock content and the retro porsche 911.

I havent tried this with my t300 yet, hmmm

Last edited:
Yes, the quality of FFB is a sticking point for me. The updated FFB released a few months ago hasn't really delivered in my opinion. R3E's FFB is more than acceptable but it doesn't quite stand up to rivals like GSCE and rF2.

The main issues.......the vague centre feel needs addressing and the track surface doesn't give me enough information through the wheel.

Also I question the need for so many FFB sliders when other sims deliver a better experience without them. It needs simplifying.

Okay I give in, GSCE IS getting a trial.....I'm kinda done with AC, the GT cars are great but I'm not feeling it with the other content...What!? I hear you say...I'm sorry but a 458 would not be giving up grip at 35mph...

I agree with what some guys are saying here about R3e, with a vague center on the wheel, particularly bad in GT2 RUF..but I have to give it the benefit of the doubt cause I'm wringing the neck of my DFGT until March..

I have only just got off my ps3 so I'm feeling many benefits atm.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...eme-extensive-renato-simioni-interview.99552/
great reiza comments here.

One thing i feel and i will get stick here, is that the RRe cars almost feel all the same. Physics wise. Okay some are more sensitive on throttle than others, but apart from that they all feel vague. In gsc this is definitly not the case. try going from the Vee to the mini. whole new driving style

but i feel this topic is a little off now.

Last edited:
Also I question the need for so many FFB sliders when other sims deliver a better experience without them. It needs simplifying.
I absolutely agree.

Even if i partially understand the developer opinion about "different customer wheels + different personal preferences = different FFB tuning needed".
But nevertheless ..... i already said my opinion about it in this thread. ;)

Can't agree with ya there - R3E feeling like a boat or feeling nothing. GSCE and R3E are my two favorite sims at the moment but I like the feel in both. There are a few tracks in R3E that are pretty smooth but just finished a GSCE Mini Challenge race (continuing a Championship) at Curitiba then a R3E race with a 92' Mercedes DTM on Zolder, both great feel and fun. Overall I would say GSCE is more consistent but R3E is catching up patch by patch. I've spent a lot of time in both.
It's about time you bought GSCE, it has to be in every sim racers library!

Maybe something's wrong with my settings, but I don't think so. It felt very disconnected like my tires weren't connected to the road, or like the road was an air hockey table. I've always felt this, but since I've spent most of my time lately playing R3E I had gotten used to it and didn't notice it as much. As long as I don't play GSCE first then R3E will be fine, but apparently I can't go from GSCE to R3E as I struggled to even complete a lap around Zolder last night (and yes, it was very "bumpy" but it felt more like going over speed bumps on an ice skating rink). I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that they're completely different ways of doing the same thing and it's difficult for me to jump from one to the other. R3E's FFB just feels like it's missing something critical, their old titles felt great but this one isn't up to the same quality yet.

And that's exactly why I held off on GSCE. I tried the demo a few months ago and loved it, but I knew if I got it right away then I'd likely start neglecting the other games I had paid for (R3E and AC) because I like GSCE so much better. It's FFB is alive and feels very planted to the ground, you can easily feel weight transfer and tire slipping, it's really the way I want FFB to be. But for some reason it's all screwed up on my new install, the formula cars have literally no FFB. I can feel bumps and grooves and the wheel turns in my hand but it has zero resistance even at 100% in game and profiler settings, it feels like the wheel is unplugged. The stock cars and Mini feel fine, nice and heavy with resistance in the turns like it should be, but all of the formula cars are broken and I can't figure out why. I've reached out to Reiza support but had no response. Very disappointing.

One thing i feel and i will get stick here, is that the RRe cars almost feel all the same. Physics wise. Okay some are more sensitive on throttle than others, but apart from that they all feel vague. In gsc this is definitly not the case. try going from the Vee to the mini. whole new driving style

I agree with this 100%. Some cars are a little more lively on the throttle or brake slightly better, but overall every car feels the same. I would expect a 90's Audi Quattro, a modern GT3 car, and a prototype to all have very different feelings and driving characteristics, but if I couldn't see the interior of the car I'd never know which one I was driving because they all feel basically the same. R3E has a lot going for it, but the FFB is going to be its downfall if they don't improve it. I've spoken with several friends who have tried R3E and all of them say the same thing, "I hate the way it feels and uninstalled it".

And I agree with the other thoughts expressed, AC feels very bland and boring compared to either R3E or GSCE. The FFB/physics feel nice, but the rest of the game is meh.

ah thats a shame about GCS i will try to tonight with my t300 and see what results i net.

But reading your post there i thought i was reading something i wrote myself. Especially about the not wanting to play gSc because it ruins RRe, even thought you know its a better sim etc. I said this before too. if you dont know any better or play anything else, RRe feels great. but once you start playing it back to back with other good sims, RRe shows its lack of feel.

But having said all this, rre does deliver a fun experience even vo its not entirely authentic. i dont want to knock s3;s effort here, but if you had GSC handling in RRe visuals sound etc..

wow... sim heaven.

Last edited:
ah thats a shame about GCS i will try to tonight with my t300 and see what results i net.

But reading your post there i thought i was reading something i wrote myself. Especially about the not wanting to play gSc because it ruins RRe, even thought you know its a better sim etc. I said this before too. if you dont know any better or play anything else, RRe feels great. but once you start playing it back to back with other good sims, RRe shows its lack of feel.

But having said all this, rre does deliver a fun experience even vo its not entirely authentic. i dont want to knock s3;s effort here, but if you had GSC handling in RRe visuals sound etc..

wow... sim heaven.

Let me know how your wheel feels on GSCE, there is definitely something wrong with mine. I drove a Formula Retro around Interlagos with one finger last night, no joke, and that's not right. Regular cars feel fine and other sims feel fine, it's only the formula cars (including the Vee).

And I agree with your last statement, I'm not knocking the game or the devs, just expressing my opinion that this one area of the game is not up to the standards of the rest of the game (or other games) and unfortunately it's one of the most important areas so it has a negative effect on the whole experience. If you don't play anything else, it's great, but once you branch out you can't help but wonder what's wrong with/missing from R3E's FFB.

I've spoken with several friends who have tried R3E and all of them say the same thing, "I hate the way it feels and uninstalled it".
I've encountered similar complaints elsewhere although not the 'uninstalled it' bit. The sliders can be confusing and it's difficult to know what settings to suggest when, in the end, the issues with FFB cannot be overcome. I totally agree that the FFB in its present form will hold back R3E from being taken seriously as a sim. Those looking to get the best experience from their wheels will go elsewhere.

I've encountered similar complaints elsewhere although not the 'uninstalled it' bit. The sliders can be confusing and it's difficult to know what settings to suggest when, in the end, the issues with FFB cannot be overcome. I totally agree that the FFB in its present form will hold back R3E from being taken seriously as a sim. Those looking to get the best experience from their wheels will go elsewhere.

Agreed. GSCE has a whopping two FFB options and (on the cars that work on my install) it feels great out of the box. In R3E you have a gazillion options, it feels wrong out of the box and you can never get it feeling just right. If you want a great overall experience, R3E offers a nice package. But as you said, if you want the most out of your wheel you best look elsewhere. That's not to say it's a bad sim, but S3 seems to have taken a different approach to FFB and it still needs some improvement, as well as some time for the individual to adjust to it.

They nailed the sound though, nailed it square in the eyeball. ;)

FFB is very good, no need to say that it's bad. Developers have their vision above the control car by FFB and I identified with them. I don't like too transparent FFB in rF2, which makes driving easier.
There are certainly flaws in FFB as the absence of effects on the long straight, where visually the car has a vertical overload, but FFB it does not pass. Sometimes FFB takes the wheel away from rectilinear motion, cured by turning the steering wheel in the opposite direction to the force FFB.
You get used to it and adjust in the game, you will be happy)

I never said it was bad, just that when compared to other sims it's lacking. There's some elements that are great, no other sim makes me feel like I'm actually in a car as well as R3E, but it feels incomplete due to the lack of communication from the road surface or friction from the tires. If they ever address those issues, it could possibly be the best FFB out there, but right now it's not.

....and this is the problem. FFB can be a very subjective topic. It's difficult to please everybody and perhaps Sector3's implementation of sliders is an attempt to do just that.

As @Brandon Wright said, R3E's FFB isn't bad, not by a long way. In fact I've already said it's more than acceptable. My complaints are merely out of frustration as the rest of R3E is an excellent package. I want my driving experience with the wheel to match the quality of the rest of the product.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back