Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

I'm experiencing weird ''floaty'' behavior, especially when i'm turning slightly and make minor inputs and when tires are not loaded heavily. Across the whole wheel range the car tends to move about in a floaty manner. I'm having a hard time keeping it straight or positioning it accurately, since there always seems to be some additional digital motion adding to my input, the travel seems excessive and not convincing. Often it feels as if i was balancing a ball and that motion controlled the amount of steering in game.:unsure:
May be due to some steering ratio inaccuracies, linearity issues,steering sensitivity or smth. Or the fact that i'm using a low degree wheel. I don't know...It doesn't feel right and i'm not enjoying it.

I'm using a low ° wheel (turns 120° into every direction). Does anyone else experience this ?

Hi,
from the many tests I've got to do, I noticed that the understeer you feel, a little bit, if you do not exceed 30% in the setting "Force Lateral." I have set to 20%.

If this setting is increased, the spring / shock absorber covers and cancels the effect of understeer.

Try 107% (overall effect) in the logitech profiler and the deadzone will disapear :)
107%? I'd drive with 120% if I could :D Problem is even 107 drowns out the other forces we're trying to feel through the wheel.

I gave it a try anyway but it was what I suspected. All the subtle forces get drowned out. I tried different things, too, like lower profiler strength and more in-game strength but it came out the same.

S3 needs to implement an iRacing-like Min Force setting to really solve this for G27s and any wheel that has ffb center deadzones.

Last edited:
For me, with this setting, the dead zone doesn't exist anymore but the feeling is not exactly the same, like you said and with a more long try, some forces in the center have disappeared too.
Rfactor 2 have created the same value i think , "the steering torque minimum"

I compare the equal settings of my FFB with Corvette GT2 on Nurburgring GP and Zolder and can tell that on Nurburgring my car feels like a cow on ice with very poor ffb feeling. Why, its a new track with updated ffb or not?

I compare the equal settings of my FFB with Corvette GT2 on Nurburgring GP and Zolder and can tell that on Nurburgring my car feels like a cow on ice with very poor ffb feeling. Why, its a new track with updated ffb or not?
· Updated Oschersleben with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Zandvoort with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Hockenheim with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Red Bull Ring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance.
· Updated RaceRoom Raceway with optimizations for ffb

That was posted earlier, so unless I'm mistaken Nurburgring has not been updated yet, I think however I've heard that it's due for the next update, but don't quote me on that! :)

the default FFB for my DFGT is pretty lifeless, it's either strong or weak and no feeling for understeer. You really need to fiddle with those ini-settings (but which shouldn't be so in 2014 sims) to get a bit life to this wheel and feels atleast 4 me a lot better now with these settings below

FFB Gain="0.95" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="1.0" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="1.0" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="1.0" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.2" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.8" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent="8.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent="2.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.0015" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.2" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="0.2" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.2" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="0.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer force balance mode="0" // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
FFB steer load multiplier="1.85" // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer lateral multiplier="1.1" // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer rack factor="0.55" // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0

Your setting with DTM experience is just amazing with my G27
Few hours ago, i was fighting with my wheel on zandvoort in a MP race, it was awesome
Thank you !

Hi Gang

I have this what seems like random issue where sometimes between sessions or when i resume from a pause or replay the steering in game comes back very light like there is no spring strength, does anyone else have this? I use a g27.

Cheers F1A

the default FFB for my DFGT is pretty lifeless, it's either strong or weak and no feeling for understeer. You really need to fiddle with those ini-settings (but which shouldn't be so in 2014 sims) to get a bit life to this wheel and feels atleast 4 me a lot better now with these settings below
Been playing around with this more and more on a G27 on updated cars and old cars and I've upped my Vertical Load and Lateral each to 160% and I feel this is a relatively good number to get the most information out of the wheel while cornering. It reduces Vertical Load on straights but manages to keep it going in the corners decently enough while maintaining lateral forces.

Upping the lateral force has also helped 'somewhat' with the ffb center deadzone issue but by no means enough.

I'll be surprised if we get any more ffb information out of the current build.

I've upped my Vertical Load and Lateral each to 160% and I feel this is a relatively good number to get the most information out of the wheel while cornering

will give it a try some time :)... i prefer AC'S FFB, gives a very good feeling on any situation on my DFGT .... and that's what i try to achieve aswell, but better the Devs do it as their job and you only do minor adjustments such as strength etc. and not fiddling with lots of values in ini-files.

I have the problem too in 8 of 10 cases, but with a Thrustmaster TX...Hope that's gonna be fixed soon. Not such a big problem in single player but in multiplayer.
Yeah single player not so much an issue, but yes your right, multiplayer is not good, happened to me in a race the other day, had to keep racing with it, felt so weird. Hope it does get looked at and fixed.

Yeah single player not so much an issue, but yes your right, multiplayer is not good, happened to me in a race the other day, had to keep racing with it, felt so weird. Hope it does get looked at and fixed.

Looks like that just a few people here have this problem. Is your wheel connected directly on your pc or do you use a hub? Mine connected with an active USB hub together with a TH8RS shifter and Fanatec CSP V1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%