1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Wheel Set-up

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Nick Clyne, Dec 16, 2010.

1. OK so last night, in a moment of drunkenness on my girlfriend's birthday, we both opened our Christmas presents quite early.. 10 days early infact. What had she got me? The Logitech G27 wheel!! Amazing - how awesome is she!?

Only thing is now, it seems like I'm starting all over again at the game - quite hard to get used to. I don't have a wheel stand or anything really to put it on and the pillow on my lap isn't quite cutting it.
    There are a few products out there www.playseat.com and at www.wheelstandpro.com some are better than others for various reasons. (space, cost)
    It's worth mentioning that I live in Dubai, so delivery can be an issue.

So, do you guys have any suggestions or economical solutions?
    Also, should I change some of the advanced settings eg. deadzone and all that jazz ? Not quite sure what it all means.
    This is for PS3 by the way.

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Cheers
    Nick

2. Wheelstand pro my man. It's pretty perfect.

And just experiment with the settings, set it how you like it.

Welcome to proper driving experience.

3. comfy old couch sounds good..

4. comfy old couch is good for sitting on, but it's no good for keeping the wheel stable.. think I'll probably get that wheelstand pro.. pricey for what it is but if it does the job...

5. It's £50 too expensive but really well made. You won't regret it.

and you'l still be able to sit on comfy old couch..

6. a classic and the cheapest way is also to clamp it on an ironing board...easy storage too :p

she's your gf you say.....buying you a G27 :O Now that's wife material right there ;)

7. i also got the G27, wife didnt buy it though i researched the available wheels and grabbed the G27. imo you gotta either get a desk or make a table for it to be effective.

IKEA will do a cheap and small table for peanuts,
    www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10705/

Heres my set up and i only use the gear stick bit for menu buttons

g27.jpg

play with the deadzones, i have attached my set up that seems to work pretty well.

g27 set up.jpg

hope this helps

8. Cheers for the input guys... haha @Steve.. she loved your comment about her being wife material!!

Yeah I'm definitely planning on going to IKEA and checking out some options - I think it should reap some reasonably priced rewards/solutions. I wish I was more of DIY guy to do what you did Marcel - looks good and actually not too complicated.
    Will see how IKEA goes.. Cheers