F1 2011 Wheel sensitivity changes on Monaco?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
has anyone noticed that on Monaco the game automatically increases the saturation to make the steering wheel more sensitive? On every other track my wheel is 1:1 with the ingame wheel. Thing is, saturation is already set to zero for best results, so i can't decrease it to fix this..
Makes the wheel way too twitchy.

on a g27 btw

I think if you were able to disable it you wouldn't be able to make the hairpin.

You could adjust your settings to increase the rotation of your wheel so it matches just for monaco, I'm not super familiar with the profiler though would it be possible to have a f1 2011 and a f1 2011 monaco preset? so that all you had to do was change profiles and go back to the game?

In real life they change the steering lock angle, and increase the degrees of rotation for full lock. In f1 2011, they merely up the saturation, the steering lock value is the same on all setups, you could still make the hairpin at full lock if they didn't increase the saturation. In any case, to remedy this, i just upped my linearity to 30 from 0, and that makes the wheel less sensitive around the mid point, making straight line steering better

yea what ever works for you, I personally feel like it shouldn't matter what the driver is doing as long as it's not TOO different from you. Most important thing is that you like the FEEL of it, not the look. infact I may start running online with driver turned off to save FPS and not be a distraction.

Not a bug - a feature to help people racing with a gamepad get round the tight corners & hairpin most likely. Not that it's helpful for wheel users though - you could probably fix the problem by increasing the steering lock by 50-100 degrees for monaco to make the steering about the same as other tracks.

I've tried messing with this a lot, I hadn't noticed how bad it was until recently.

I can't seem to get it right though. I increased rotation from what I normally play (222 degrees) to around 360 degrees, and that makes the hairpin feel about right, since your hands are completely crossed during it. but there's still something weird in the steering. feels like once you turn past a certain point the wheel goes slack, I don't know if this is because of loss of grip or not, it happens in slow corners as well as fast. also if you watch the driver in game while slowly turning to full lock you'll notice his hands stop moving at some point but the wheels keep turning past that point. it's really weird looking.

feels like once you turn past a certain point the wheel goes slack, I don't know if this is because of loss of grip or not, it happens in slow corners as well as fast.
I noticed that too (DFGT @ PC), but it also happens on other tracks, it seems to be unrelated to the wheel sensivity.

also if you watch the driver in game while slowly turning to full lock you'll notice his hands stop moving at some point but the wheels keep turning past that point
Yeah, that's really weird, it took me some time to figure this out, too. It seems that there is only this one animation ingame, but for Monaco, the wheel lock gets "extended". So the animation is corresponding to the wheel turn, but if you turn "the extra monaco degrees" there is just no animation for that.

I don't have as much of a problem at other tracks with the wheel going slack...unless I start to spin. which leads me to believe it's some kind of feature, but at monaco it happens in slow AND fast corners so in slow corners at least it's not related to understeer in anyway. although I do tend to understeer pretty dramatically into turn 1 and into Tabac...so I could understand there.

It seems like a weird way to solve the monaco hairpin issue...was it that big of a problem in 2010? For the rest of the track the wheel just feels wrong, I'm not a fan of it.

The wheel going slack happens everywhere, just more often at monaco, maybe because there are more corners where you need to put as much steering input in as possible to get round quickly. It's supposed to simulate loss of grip due to the slip angle, but is vastly exaggerated unfortunately. There's a fix for the pc by editing the force feedback xml file that you might be able to find here or on the Codemasters forums. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. It was really bothering me at first. I was constantly running wide and hitting walls. I had to learn to not pay attention to the steering wheel animation. Once I did that, and just watched the track I was fine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%