1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Wheel recommendation?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Rodriggo, Sep 21, 2011.

1. So I have a G25 for the PS3 and love it. Have the Rennsport stand for it and the shifter but I'm convinced I need more buttons.

I'm between getting a G27 or the Fanatec F1 style wheel I saw on a F1 2011 preview vid.

Problem is I can't seem to find info about that Fanatec wheel anywhere.

Does anyone know what the name of this Fanatec wheel is and where I could buy one?

I've tried asking Fanatec and they just sent me to a blog. huh? :frown:

Thanks for any help.

2. I'm a little confused by the different new Fanatec wheels, so maybe I got something of the following wrong:

Pre-order is up for the "CSR" wheel (compatible to X-Box), the first wheels are being shipped to Germany and Fanatec hopes to ship them to customers before October 15th. (pre-order 250€ without pedals)

The "CSR Elite" (also X-Box compatible, probably around 500€ including one rim) and the "CSW" (just PC/PS3, 600€+ with one rim) will have changeable rims (so also the F1-style rim) but are not available yet.

3. Thanks for the info!

4. Let me add one thing: I went to GamesCom and played F1 2011 there. They had 10 Racing Seats with wheels, 2 with the F1-Style CSW and ClubSport pedals. I was lucky to drive with one of those (though I din't know what that wheel was back then, I learned about it after the GamesCom..).
    I was amazed by the feel of the Rim and pedals and looked it up after I went back home. Saving money for such a wheel since that day :D (currently driving with a DFGT)

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

6. Must have this NOW! :)

[​IMG]

7. That's the exact wheel I was able to use at GamesCom :) The "buttons" on the left and right side in the middle (where the "bridge" between the center and the rubber part is) are actually D-pad-like sticks. At least one of them was, don't remember if the second was also a stick.

8. that f1 wheel look awesome... i looked into that thrustmaster one but it looks like it's going to cost a LOT...

i'm contemplating buying some cheap one just for now since i'm at school and don't have room for a full setup like at home =[

omg... $450 for just the base of that wheel? +$150 for the wheel... +pedals still? ouch...