wheel range, steering lock, ffb multipller?

Can some one help me on understanding the following please. , i am trying to work out what adjustments the following ajustments do ,

1) If i had a wheel range of 400 and i take it up to 700 does this mean i get more turn in with the wheel i am using?

2) if i had steering lock of 20 and i went to 12 what is this actually doing to my set up?

3) FFB Mutipller does this increase the overall ffb form the ffb menu settings?

Thanks

1. wheel range is simply how much degrees you can rotate your wheel .. so 400 means 200 to left and 200 to right .. 700 is 350 left and 350 right .. etc so if you set your range higher without changing lock car will turn less with the same amount of your steering wheel rotation - steering will be less sensitive.

2. steering lock tells you how much degrees will your wheel turn left and right till they reach maximum lock .. so 20 means you can angle your wheels 20 degrees to right and 20 to left .. setting it lower will make you turn less (if you keep steering wheel range the same)

Every car has steering ratio - basicaly ratio between steering lock and steering wheel rotation .. if car has steering ratio 18:1 it means that if you rotate steering wheel 18 degrees it will rotate wheels 1 degree. And if you steering lock is 25 it means: 25x18=450 .. so your wheel range is 450 to left adn 450 to right = 900 degrees of wheel range.

To sum point 1 and 2:
  • Wheel range tells you how much degrees you can turn your steering wheel.
  • Steering lock tells you how much your wheels can turn left and right.
  • If you lower steering lock and keep wheel range the same, your steering will be less sensitive, car will turn less (as steering ratio of car doesn`t change). And vice versa
  • If you lower you wheel range without changing steering lock, your steering will be more sensitive .. and vice versa
  • If you wanna less wheel range but keep steering ability of car you need to go up with steering lock. 900 wheel range and 25 steering lock and 540 wheel range and 15 steering lock is the same in term how much wheels turns based on your steering input. In both cases if you rotate steering wheel 18 degrees front wheels will turn 1 degree (18:1 steering ratio)

3. yes, it is per car multiplier .. set it to your liking and so you are not clipping FFB (turn on FFB app to see if you are clipping)

The most important thing is that steering wheel rotation are the same in game and in wheel settings "profiler"
1. The smaller the rotation the less you turn the wheel , this is good for low power /small car's, (nsu , fjr . . . ) having a small rotation in theory will increase tire wear as the tires turn faster and have a small window of operation also lower rotation makes a rwd car more twitchy. Bigger rotation more to spin (aka bus/lorry) this is good for tire wear and being precise.
all of the above are preferential but that is the theory . I know some very fast people that use very low rotation in all cars
2 . lock is how fast the wheel reaches max point , lower very fast , bigger slow. As with rotation , low =bad tire wear, big not so bad.
Atm I am in all cars (except nsu) at 540 with lock between 16(wtcc,nsu , fjr) - 22(p1/2,dtm,gt3)

2 . lock is how fast the wheel reaches max point , lower very fast , bigger slow. As with rotation , low =bad tire wear, big not so bad.
Atm I am in all cars (except nsu) at 540 with lock between 16(wtcc,nsu , fjr) - 22(p1/2,dtm,gt3)
it is not about how fast but how much .. less angle = less wear, more angle = more wear
You can reach lower lock slower than higher if you set wheel range extra low

and to your 1st point I would go oposite way .. in high downforce, fast cars you wanna lower range (and with that lower lock) and for slow, old boxes you are fine with higher vallues (hence the real life values) .. Some guys are setting it more sensitive to be faster in catching slides. I prefer to keep it in ralistic ranges to have more space for error in catching them

I base my setups and my driving on what I explained and works fine , also know plenty of faster people that have the same theory .
What you say doesn't apply to me
sure ... but it is stil about the angle not about faster reaching full lock.. fact that you will reach 10 degrees lock faster than 33 degrees is just how world works ( you`ll reach 10 m faster than 33m when going same speed), ;) that wearing is mostly caused by higher angle

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%