1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Wheel presets question

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Jan Mikuž, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Hi, I've just moved to Steam and my old install is removed and I forgot which wheel preset I used and edited before.

I'd like to have the same experience as before and since I have a low degree wheel ( ca. 250 ) I would like to know if it makes any difference (in terms of wheel rotation) whether I use/edit "dfg360" or "g27" or any other preset ?

Thank you

2. What I mean is will I have the same wheel ratio with either of these presets if I say use 14 steering lock ? Or do the presets have different values when it comes to steering rotation and ratio ?

Is steering lock the parameter in this game that we use to adjust the real wheel/game ratio. Lower values for low degree wheels and higher values for 540/900 wheels ?

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Steering ratio is determined by your controller configuration and the in-game steering lock setting. The controller presets have no effect in the actual steering ratio.

They do have an effect on the graphical in-game steering wheel, which if you have it visible you probably prefer it to match your controller configuration. The default setting for all presets is 270 degrees, and the default steering lock of 14º is also set for 270º rotation.

To make sure the graphical steering wheel rotation matches your controller configuration, open up the file controller.ini in your USERDATA\(Player) folder, and edit the line Steering Wheel Range="270" .If run a realistic 900º steering rotation in your controller, that parameter should be edited to read Steering Wheel Range="900". Then your controller and the in-game graphical steering wheel should be perfectly aligned

If you want to increase the steering ratio, raise the steering lock according to your controller rotation setting. Again the realistic rotation should be 900 degrees, and for that you should set your wheel to or near maximum steering lock (32 degrees).

As it is, it´s admitedly a bit cumbersome to get right. An upcoming update will allow you to adjust steering rotation (both actual and visual) to be set to match your controller configuration from the Controls menu.

• Like Like x 2