wheel presets gone

haven't played in a while (couple of months) and connecting today i find out a) my g27 is not detected (well it says "g27 paddles" but no input is detected), and b) my wheel settings are nowhere to be found (and they were precious, g27 owners know what i talk about). anyone know what this is and how it can be remedied?

Are you on Win 10 by any chance? If so, it's quite likely Windows have updated your wheel drivers to a newer version which doesn't work properly with your wheel, so you'd need to uninstall your current wheel driver software and install the one available from Logitech.

well, it works in iRacing and Dirt4, so I presume that is not the problem. Us G27 users have to use older versions anyway, so I would have noticed new drivers cause I would have had to reinstall the old ones. Seems more like a RRE problem, but thx for the advice anyway, all help welcome.

Well, if you're absolutely positive your drivers are correct (and I would certainly strongly advice to not simply presume, but make absolutely sure instead), then the next thing I'd do I guess is to take a look into

C:\Users\your_username\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

to see if your presets are still there as .rcs files.

yep, did that just now (drivers are indeed fine) and found out i had accidentally moved a whole folder called "my games" into another folder. Have no clue when that happened. looked for .rcs files and when the results came up i thought: "Mmmh, that is one strange path, how did they get there?" all fine now, thx for your advice.
this does not however explain why no input was detected at all, but i'll just leave that to the realms of: whattheheck ...

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years