Wheel oscillation in the F40?

I was so stoked to test the F40 tonight, but from the very first second there was soemthing weird going on in the FFB, I noticed the wheel starting to pull left and right as soon as the car starts moving.
Made a movie of it all and will post it both here and on the official forums (here cos not everyone go on the official). Anyone else got this? Is it intentional (as in the car behaves like this IRL too)? Anyone got a solution?
Video here; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/383431/AC/AC oscillation.mp4

Some info;
All aids are off.
I've tried with canned FFB effects on and off, no difference.
Happens in both versions of the F40, not in the 599XX (or in any other car I've tried prior to 0.4)
In the 599XX I noticed oscillation when letting to of the wheel at high speed straights, this happens in a lot of other sims too but this is the first time/car I've noticed this happening with in AC.

usually you get this kind of oscilation when the ffb is too high... not in terms of clipping but in terms of it starts to well oscilate.. so a tiny ffb thing get it out of perfectly centered.. the force pulls it in on direction.. then the force of the tires and car pulls it in the other direction... and so on... this may be another problem.. but from the look of it it looks very much like that...

as long as the oscilation is not too high (ffb not too high).. it's not a problem aslong you have your hands on the wheel.. but it can give a weird feeling in the center.. where it feels like steering through a tiny ffb hole and then hitting a "ffb wall" which can be pretty distracting and unconfortable..

since the F40 I turned my ffb from 90 to 80... before 90 was fine... but I got this hole/wall thing in it.. also quite some oscilation ... when hands are off.... turning ffb down helped...

it is so extreme in the F40 because in that car seems to be programmed with a lot of resistence force... because of no steering aid... so a lot force wants to pull around on the wheel.. and wants to center the wheel... which then creates that oscilation because a usual ffb wheel is always lagging abit behind.. so when the car is centered the ffb still pulls a bit more.. so the car isn't longer centered.. so it pulls back again and so on.. and the oscialtion begins..

if the ffb is too high it starts to oscilate from its own.. even without turning it first... because the forces are then already high enough that motor starts working/moving the wheel when the ffb is low enough.. the force won't be high enough to let the tiny ffb motor let the wheel turn.. so no oscilation starts (at least not from their own)...

but like i said this may be another problem... but too high ffb around the center is usually the reason for oscilation

i also have a fanatec gt3 rs v2 and it works perfect ... like Josefhead said the oscilations in F40 are normal because F40 have no power steering and its very sensitive to accelaration. The more gain you have and more accelleration you put in the car the more oscilation you will get if you dont hold the wheel ... you must hold it to keep it straight like it should be on this monster. I have 60% gain and i have that oscilation wich feels normal for me on this car ... i also feel a lot of tires resistance when changing direction wich also feels normal to me on F40.

I have this with the F40 around the center on my DFGT but don't notice it unless I let go of the wheel.

Tried gain at 80 and 70, the clipping bar is not in the red at all the wheel feels heavier than other cars which I'm guessing is by design.

Driver settings are 107/0/0/0

allow game to adjust= ticked

Tried a few other cars and they are fine, no oscillations.

I only notice it when I let go of the wheel. If I keep hold of the wheel it is not strong enough to even really notice it. People not getting it, try driving real slow for a bit without holding the wheel. For me the movement is amplified every time it goes left to right. The virtual wheel and hands follow the same movement.

Just posted this on the official forum;
Things I've tried today as tipped by others;
- Rebooted my PC
- Verified cache integrity in steam
- Redid the controller wizard
- Reduced the overall FFB gain ingame to 70%

Though the problem is less prononunced with FFB gain down to 70%, it still persists, but it's like it behaves differently at that setting. It disappears more quickly when gaining speed, but then comes back at some point, this makes for a worse experience when driving than when having it at 100%.

the ffb for the F40 is pretty awesome after the latest update for me. I have some pretty bad oscillations at high speed on the 599xx though...

The 599xx feels bloody terrible to me FFB wise. When going in a straight line at speed the smallest deviation starts the oscillations, and it almost feels like the forces are reversed. It's very odd and i just cant drive it. No fun at all. It's the only car in the sim where the FFB feels this bad.

The 599xx feels bloody terrible to me FFB wise. When going in a straight line at speed the smallest deviation starts the oscillations, and it almost feels like the forces are reversed. It's very odd and i just cant drive it. No fun at all. It's the only car in the sim where the FFB feels this bad.

yeah braking is funny if you make on little move you almost cant keep it under control... And if you lower the gain it gets better but feels dead for the rest... I also get some oscillation at high speed in the zonda r but you can't feel that while driving, only when taking the hands off the wheel... But with the 599xx you can feel it while driving, like you said, almost like inverted effects..

There's thread for the new update0.4.1 but here is the details

- Fixed rear ARB setup screen for BMW M3 E30 Group A
- Modified FFB values for F40 (fixes steer oscillation on straight line)
- Fixed hotlap penalties
- Fixed steam interface interaction with mouse hiding
- Fixed Drag Race car moving ahead on restart
- Fixed crash after loading car for players with long nickNames

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%