F1 2010 wheel or other

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
as i am new to car racing games ie Christmas, ( last used about 30 years ago ) help required in getting faster times and being more competitive. i have all assists on and using automatic gears. from past experience and reading the threads on here, the sooner i go to a manual box the better. but. there is the problem g25 etc i am now getting on a bit. i am not likely to get another car racing game and i don't want to / or rather cannot use pedals. so the question is the same as on previous threads but with a difference. can you just use a wheel with flaps and can the other buttons operate the throttle and brakes I am on a pc.or would i be better off with a game pad. any and all replies would be appreciated

Hi Denis,

If i was you i wouldnt necassarily worry about a steering wheel. I played this game on the xbox pad before buying a wheel and found it no probs what so ever. Even if you didnt want to use assists you will be able to get used to it.

I can vouch for that - it's a lot of fun with a gamepad - but I've heard so much about these wheels, so I want one, but the game is perfectly playable with a gamepad (just make sure it's an analogue pad with two sticks, such as the Xbox 360 one).

dont buy this one it does not work, have tried setting it up in registry etc and still dont work, is there supposed to be a generic setting,
have emailed codemasters and thrustmaster and neither have replied. having said that i am getting better on the keyboard.

have had a 2nd go at changing it in registry , this time it worked , just have to alter controls now

dont buy this one it does not work, have tried setting it up in registry etc and still dont work, is there supposed to be a generic setting,
have emailed codemasters and thrustmaster and neither have replied. having said that i am getting better on the keyboard.

Damn - sorry to hear that. Have you tried downloading updated drivers for it? If that fails, return it, get a refund and grab yourself an Xbox 360 pad - it's the best one on the PC and is definitely supported by F1 2010. :)

hi all,

I think there may be another solution...Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback, it has 2 additional analogue paddles on the wheel which you could use as throttle and brake. I don't know if it works with f1 2010 and/or pc or consoles, but it might be worth checking out...

There's a review by simracingtonight on youtube - seems to be a good wheel for the money.

Greetz

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years