1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Wheel much better than Controller ?

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by OGKurvZ, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Hi I have been playing f1 2013 with a X Box Controller , but was thinking if using a wheel would gain me much , somewhere in my Loft I have a Logitech GT wheel and Pedals , at least that's what I think its called haven't used it in years , but now starting to enjoy Racing again , ..
    I gave up on codemasters after giving F1 2010 a good outing , and then I tried 2011 , just didn't quite hit the mark for me , but my mate bought me Grid 2 and I liked that , so I gave 2013 a go and I love it :) .

Don't play on-line just do the odd AI race time attack and now the Racenet events as I really liked the Grid 2 Global challenge ..
    Looking also maybe for some buddies whom are into the Racenet events to help push me along , cheers Kurvz

2. In terms of how much faster you will be i can't really put it into numbers, i only play with a wheel (back in 2010 i struggled to keep the car straight with a controller at a friends house, but he could drive reasonably, i'm much faster than him with a wheel).

In terms of enjoyment however... let's say i wouldn't play racing games anymore without a wheel, once you get a taste there's no going back imo.

A wheel is expensive, so think things through... but if racing is a genre you will be playing a lot i recommend it;)

3. cool I do have the Driving Force GT wheel , but its somewhere in my Loft , but I don't wanna go searching for it if my Xbox Controller is doing the job as good , I had the wheel before the Controller , but Cant remember the change when I decided to use the controller , because the wheel was in my way all the time and I wasnt playing most days , ill search for it when Im off next week from work , thanks

4. I raced someone on GSC who was faster than me with a pad, and I have a G27 - and I'm not really a slouch. It all depends how fast you are with a pad already.

But even if I know I'd be 2 seconds faster with a pad, nothing can replace the fun and immersion of a wheel and pedals on racing sims.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

^^ That!!

There isnt any noticeable speed difference but we are simulating a motorsport here and as long as real drivers are not racing with a pad I won't be either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cheers for the replies , Ive dug it out , and it still works , done a few laps on the weeks Racenet event (Brands hatch) and I'm getting used to it as soon as I beat my Controller lap time , Ill give it a good test on Spa as thats my most raced track so much better indicator , if I cant beat my Spa Controller lap ill be amazed , Kurvz