F1 2011 Wheel lag problems with G27...now fixed.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Not sure if anyone else has had a wheel lag issue, but I figure I would make this thread just in case.

When I first started playing the game it seemed fine. But a few exits/restarts of the game and it completely muffed up.

I made a video showing what I mean:

I had to unplug my G27 and load up the game with only the keyboard as a controller. After I restarted it again with my G27 plugged in it worked great, other than a HUGE deadzone with my wheel, even though the settings were at 0%. I changed Saturation to 10% and the deadzone went away. I have instant feedback now and full steering range in-line with my hand movements.

I have no other controllers plugged in, just fyi.

Hey Viktor, you're a star. I went to "My F1" and set the detail to Ultra - fired it back up and it's fixed - the FFB behaves like it should. Oh, and I have camera flashes in the crowd now :)

But seriously codemasters - how on earth can a high spec machine cause this sort of problem. Sure, if I want to run a Commodore C64 emulator then I expect performance to be a problem - but this is 2011!

Am I right to think you cannot have OSD with cockpit view?

Dave

Hey Viktor, you're a star. I went to "My F1" and set the detail to Ultra - fired it back up and it's fixed - the FFB behaves like it should. Oh, and I have camera flashes in the crowd now :)

But seriously codemasters - how on earth can a high spec machine cause this sort of problem. Sure, if I want to run a Commodore C64 emulator then I expect performance to be a problem - but this is 2011!

Am I right to think you cannot have OSD with cockpit view?

Dave

nice! So ultra should make the FPS to go under 60 then? There is no OSD in cockpit view but a modder here (Paul Lock) has made a mod that enables it in cockpit view.

I also have that problem, I tried a few things and it turns out it has something to do with the v-sync...
I use a high-end PC, Core i7 3.65Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 2 x GTX470 in SLI, and evrything on ultra ingame so when i don't use v-sync my framerate is always much more above 60 fps, so it overrides the refresh rate of my monitor and i get a strange stuttering(not due to the replay file 'cause I disabled replays with the replay.pbf file), and here the wheel on the screen reacts exactly as my hands, without any lag or delay.
As soon as I apply v-sync, the framerate is constant 60 and the game runs smooth as hell without any stuttering, but then there is a delay between my hand movements and the ingame wheel movement...
Don't know what to do? Any idea?
Thanks!

Yes, I do mean the wheel and car in the game "instantly" react to my hand movements and look/feel like they are moving exactly with my input. I can take a vid tonight to show what I mean.

I have my wheel set to 300 degrees in logitech profiler.

Dustin do you have v-sync enabled? I tried a few things and it turns out it has something to do with the v-sync...
I use a high-end PC, Core i7 3.65Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 2 x GTX470 in SLI, and evrything on ultra ingame so when i don't use v-sync my framerate is always much more above 60 fps, so it overrides the refresh rate of my monitor and i get a strange stuttering(not due to the replay file 'cause I disabled replays with the replay.pbf file), and here the wheel on the screen reacts exactly as my hands, without any lag or delay.
As soon as I apply v-sync, the framerate is constant 60 and the game runs smooth as hell without any stuttering, but then there is a delay between my hand movements and the ingame wheel movement...
The unplugging thing didn't help...
Don't know what to do? Any idea?
Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back