F1 2010 Wheel Help!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys, i'm interested in getting a racing wheel even more now that GT5 is about to be released but is there a way to have the gas and the brake mounted to the wheel or you can only use the pedals ?

The reason i'm asking is because back in april of 2009 I was in an accident that left me paralyzed from the chest down meaning I don't have the ability to use my legs. Without the ability to use my legs does anyone know if it's still possible to use a racing wheel.

Any help with this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DEUCE.

You could probably map the brake and gas to buttons on the wheel (like the shifters), but then you would only have on/off operation, not gradual control.

It would be better to custom make or get something custom made... I'm sure there would be a way to mount a PS3 controller to the wheel and use the analog sticks with your thumbs as you steer... It might also be possible to replace the shifter paddles with some sort of analog input.

I'm sure you could work something out that would do quite well, but it may take a lot of effort. Hopefully some smart people can help you out. You might want to take a look and ask your question in the hardware section: http://www.racedepartment.com/sim-racing-hardware/

Good luck! :)

hello ive just mapped my g25 to have the throttle to the left paddle and the brake to the right paddle and the gears to left and right red buttons on the wheel and it is defenatly driveable and with a bit of practice i would get alot better for example ive just done a 1:21 round Monza with assist off and my best time is a high 1:19 (that took a week to get there) and im sure you could modd the wheel to make it even better, there looks to be some great guys in the forum who could give great advice to get you what you need, i see youve found the tech and harware section

Thanks for the info Wilson. It's good to know that it's drivable as it was one of the things I was asking myself. I guess like DK77 said it wouldn't be possible to have gradual control over the acceleration and braking but in my case it's better then nothing.

Just wanted to make sure it was possible to do so before investing that kind of money into a wheel. Thanks again for the help guys.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back