F1 2015 Wheel doesn't work right (T300 f1)

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello guys. first, sorry for my bad english. Its more than 15 years ago, since i had my last lessons...

I've got an issue with my wheel. The last 2 or 3 weeks i didn't play f1 2015, only coop f1 2013. so i did not realized that the last patch became installed.
My wheel, T300 with f1 rim worked nearly perfect out of the box. NOW, when i drive it still works, BUT when i hit any button on the wheel the force feedback seems to be lost and the wheel doesn't react for 2 or 3 seconds any more.

Is THIS an issue with the last patch or could i find any solution for my problem?

I deleted f1 and reinstalled. The problem is still there...

Thank you for your help

Greets form Germany

Hello guys. first, sorry for my bad english. Its more than 15 years ago, since i had my last lessons...

I've got an issue with my wheel. The last 2 or 3 weeks i didn't play f1 2015, only coop f1 2013. so i did not realized that the last patch became installed.
My wheel, T300 with f1 rim worked nearly perfect out of the box. NOW, when i drive it still works, BUT when i hit any button on the wheel the force feedback seems to be lost and the wheel doesn't react for 2 or 3 seconds any more.

Is THIS an issue with the last patch or could i find any solution for my problem?

I deleted f1 and reinstalled. The problem is still there...

Thank you for your help

Greets form Germany
I don't have an answer to your problem.But I would like to say your English is very good.:thumbsup:

If this is on a PC then I would try and reset all your saved wheels settings, those settings will probably be stored in your encrypted game profile. So I would want to remove ALL references to the T300 wheel.

I would :-
  1. Unplug the wheel from your PC
  2. Start the game with your keyboard only. Skip through the screens using the keyboard 'enter' key. This should set the keyboard as the new default controller, erasing any previous settings.
  3. Exit the game (using the ESC key, arrow keys, and enter key)
  4. Plug in your wheel and boot the game
  5. Skip through the screens using the correct button(s) on your wheel
  6. Go to MyF1 > Controller/Wheel settings and ensure that the T300 is selected
  7. Customise the settings if you wish, if you like to remap the default buttons to something else.
  8. Test and pray it works.
Cheers :)

You shouldn't need to, as the game should now pick up the fact that a wheel in now connected.

However if it hasn't sensed the wheel, then use the keyboard and then select the wheel in the controller settings.

The most important thing is to have a least one game boot and shut down by keyboard with the wheel disconnected. This should force the game to re-read all the controller config files again and not use any settings previously stored in your profile

In all the previous games of the series, I used to edit the actionmap xml file for my wheel to do some button remapping and saturation changes. They would not take effect unless I did the keyboard boot thing, the game read that xml file once only and then stored the mappings in your profile. So if you edited the file, it wasn't being read again when the game booted. The keyboard boot/shutdown and wheel re-selection forced the game to re-read that xml file.

I did this because this series had a terrible habit of corrupting your profile, so you would have to remap your wheel in-game every time that happened. By editing the xml file, it would be re-read and my mappings were automatically back in the game, nothing more for me to do.

If this is on a PC then I would try and reset all your saved wheels settings, those settings will probably be stored in your encrypted game profile. So I would want to remove ALL references to the T300 wheel.

I would :-
  1. Unplug the wheel from your PC
  2. Start the game with your keyboard only. Skip through the screens using the keyboard 'enter' key. This should set the keyboard as the new default controller, erasing any previous settings.
  3. Exit the game (using the ESC key, arrow keys, and enter key)
  4. Plug in your wheel and boot the game
  5. Skip through the screens using the correct button(s) on your wheel
  6. Go to MyF1 > Controller/Wheel settings and ensure that the T300 is selected
  7. Customise the settings if you wish, if you like to remap the default buttons to something else.
  8. Test and pray it works.

Mate, THAT worked for me... If i could i'd send you kisses and hugs

Thank you

You shouldn't need to, as the game should now pick up the fact that a wheel in now connected.

However if it hasn't sensed the wheel, then use the keyboard and then select the wheel in the controller settings.

The most important thing is to have a least one game boot and shut down by keyboard with the wheel disconnected. This should force the game to re-read all the controller config files again and not use any settings previously stored in your profile

In all the previous games of the series, I used to edit the actionmap xml file for my wheel to do some button remapping and saturation changes. They would not take effect unless I did the keyboard boot thing, the game read that xml file once only and then stored the mappings in your profile. So if you edited the file, it wasn't being read again when the game booted. The keyboard boot/shutdown and wheel re-selection forced the game to re-read that xml file.

I did this because this series had a terrible habit of corrupting your profile, so you would have to remap your wheel in-game every time that happened. By editing the xml file, it would be re-read and my mappings were automatically back in the game, nothing more for me to do.

Good explanation and some valuable info regardless of what controller you are using. Thanks for this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%