Wheel dilemma; What should I do?

So, the picture: I've upgraded my pedals and shifter from TM to Fanatec. The difference between the TM T3PA-Pro pedals, and the Fanatec CS V.3 is like night and day, as is the difference between the TM shifter and the Fanatec CS SqV 1.5.
The has got me wondering about how big the difference would be between my T300RS and the CS V 2.5 base, or would the CS Elite base be enough? Then I could save a lot of money, but should I spring for the V.2.5 nevertheless? How much of an upgrade would the CS Elite be compared to the T300RS? And is the V 2.5 wheel worth the extra coin?
Since I've changed the shifter and pedals for high end versions from Fanatec, the thought about replacing the wheel too won't leave me alone.
Decisions, decisions...thoughts any one?

From the T300RS I don't think you will notice much improvement, you will see it but I don't think it is worth right now, in your place I would enjoy the T300 and save for an OSW or an Accuforce Pro v2 in the time you use your wheel.

You will be MUCH more impressed by the DD wheel if you choose to wait.

I have a V2.5 right now and kinda trying to change it for a OSW/Accuforce...

Upvote 0
I wouldn't recommend the csl elite unless you really needed it for the ps4.
Friend of mine just had his delivered today testing on f1 2017 (ps4) its a little improved from what he had which was my old t500rs.
He seemed disappointed on the elite thinking it could come close to my direct drive system lol
I also have v2 and v2.5 they are better bases and stronger ffb which you might need if going for heavier rims in the future.
Like the Mrs said wait until you can get yourself a DD system they are the best... no contest lol
check out the new coming Fanatec direct drive might change your mind now?

good luck on what ever you decide on ;)

Upvote 0
I've just upgraded from a thrustmaster tx to a clubsport 2.5. Like the pedals the jump in build quality is huge, and the improvement in FFB (stronger / smoother) is big enough to justify the cash for me. Looking at eBay, fanatec gear has such good resale value that if you decide to go for a DD in future, you won't lose much (that's my plan)

Upvote 0
I've just upgraded from a thrustmaster tx to a clubsport 2.5. Like the pedals the jump in build quality is huge, and the improvement in FFB (stronger / smoother) is big enough to justify the cash for me. Looking at eBay, fanatec gear has such good resale value that if you decide to go for a DD in future, you won't lose much (that's my plan)
Don't cheer me up: I'm itching to get the CS v 2.5 to complete the upgrade to Fanatec, I already have the shifter and pedals. Unfortunatly, nobody seems to want to buy my one year old TM stuff, which is a bummer.
I could buy the Fanatec base and wheel for around €850, but then I'm stuck with a complete set of hardware from TM sitting in the corner gathering dust.
I'd hoped to at least partly offset the cost of the new wheel by selling my TM stuff, but up until now there have been no takers :thumbsdown:

Upvote 0
I'd hoped to at least partly offset the cost of the new wheel by selling my TM stuff, but up until now there have been no takers :thumbsdown:
Post on simracing forums. Here, Inside Simracing, also local craigslist or ebay. Shouldnt be too difficult to sell depending on where you are from.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well I bought the T300 and had it for almost 2 weeks before I returned it and purchased the CSW v2.
The upgrade is solid, you would probably not regret buying it. But I must admit that the T300 proved to be incredibly good for the price, so I'm not sure the CSW is twice as good as the T300 while being about twice as expensive.
Prob doesn't make your decision easier but the T300 is best bang for the buck imo, but the CSW is still worth the price.
If you want a DD wheel then perhaps save your cash, but as mentioned there's always reselling it and getting some cash back.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back