1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Wheel connection lost and windows 8

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ian Franssen, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Hello guys,

Last Saturday and a testrace before, my wheel lost connection while I was driving. I had to go out of the game to let my wheel re-connect.

I have posted my issue on the ISI forum, and it seemed it's a bug that occurs with Windows 8. Good thing is that the connection lost while driving can be temporarely "solved" by changing the "Realtime Controller Detection" in the controller .ini file to 0, so by disabling it.

By doing that it might be that when session changes, you will have no wheel control anymore, and need to re-plug it again. But that is better than it happening while driving. ISI is working on it to solve the problems.

here is my post on the ISI forum if you encounterd the same problem.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...connection-while-driving!?p=211812#post211812

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ian,

I know you use to copy your user profile as you make fresh installs when an update is released.
    Did you make a new controller.ini file since build 240?
    There where some changes with that build, that require a save from your profile.

Quote from Terence Groening,

3. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

It was a complete fresh install, when build 300 got released, I was unable to go online or offline. At that moment they didn't knew yet what caused it, only thing that worked for me was a complete fresh install, deleting credentials and all folders I could find (in the end they were certain mods that coused that problem)
    I have set everything from base up, also my controller. Didn;t use anything from previous installs.

4. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

With your suggestion about .ini file, today for the first time since built 300, I had no troubles in session changes :thumbsup:.

• Like Like x 2