Wheel advice

Evening all,

After years of Forza on a pad I sampled F1 2010 on 360 on my friends 360 wireless wheel the other day and t was like an epiphany.

My birthday is coming up at the end of January and I have decided to make the break from Forza and consoles and get more into PC Sims but require a wheel.

Currently looking at the Logitech DFGT and the G27 - obviously quite a difference in price between the two units, but do people feel the difference in quality warrants the extra expenditure?

Planning on taking advantage of Steam's fantastic xmas deals to pick up the Race series and have watched a ton of iRacing movies recently that I am definately going to look into, can't wait to start getting my rookie licence out the way :)

The DFGT is a good wheel, but the G27 is much better. Proper H-Pattern gear-shift, leather (around a metal wheel), and much better pedals.

I have a load of wheels, and the G27 is right up there amongst the best.

I've got: 360 Wireless, Logi Drive FX, Logi G25, Logi G27, Fanatec GT2.
And I've previously owned: Logi Force, Logi DFPro, Fanatec PWTS, Fanatec 911Turbo, Fanatec GT3 RS

I might sell my G27 though, as I now use the GT2 full-time, so let me know if you fancy a 2nd hand one, and you're in the UK.

Upvote 0
If your on a tight budget, DFGTis a solid wheel! Force Feedback is 90% as good as G25/7 and is a very well built bit o kit. The g27 is stronger, feels better quality, has massivly better pedals (and a clutch) plus a very good 6+r H pattern shifter. A DFGT will serve you well, for a long time, so dont knock it, but ultimatly, if you get into sim racin' you WILL want a G27 or similar high end wheel sooner or later :)

The old addage applies again: You spends ya money.................

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
I might sell my G27 though, as I now use the GT2 full-time, so let me know if you fancy a 2nd hand one, and you're in the UK.

im curious to find out what price you would sell it at? also is it possible to take a picture of the wheel ( condition ).

i might be interesting in buying it.... i have the Driving Force Wheel which recently came out but im not 100% happy with it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years