F1 2012 What's your most frustrating moment in the game?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I just had a 50% race at Catalunya, using no assists except auto gears against professional AI.
All went well at first, qualified 1st and stayed in the lead for the start of the race. Then on lap 12 I pitted to change to prime tyres. Overdone my outlap at Turn 12, I lost control of the car and crashed right into the foam board, using Cromiell's realistic damage mod so I lost my front wing and punctured my front left. Pitted once more and came out in 12th place. So then I slowly made my way up until I got to 5th at lap 31. The next lap, my sister started talking to me and distracted me, I forgot to lift off the accelerator at Turn 9 and my rear left clipped into the gravel trap, causing me to spin out into the barrier, ending my race. I crashed on lap 32/33, man am I frustrated.

One annoying moment i had this year was having a power cut in one of the few races i have been home for this season, but the most annoying moment i had was in turkey last season (my first season).
So, first race i am actually competitive, and quali p3. good start and up to p2 by L2 and challenging for the lead. Get a bit of oversteer on L4 going through turn 8 which allows the battle for p3 to catch up. I manage to stay in the pack for the whole race until about 5 laps from the end i get t-boned and that drops me back to p8 or p9. Manage to get p6 by the end, but it ruined my first chance of a podium, and almost quit in anger. Still, finally got my first podium at japan that season.

I had a safety car come out and it had green lights as well as yellow telling me to overtake it and catch up to the leading lap.I never saw it on the next lap or the other cars.
Pit stops are weird in this game also.
I'm in 10th place,I pit then come out in 19th or whatever and stay in that position till the end of the race.The other cars never pit with me.

Why is that?

I am doing 14-20 lap races.Is that why?

In career Bahrain, last 5 laps, im 3rd in a force india with a ferrari 1-2 infront, alonso leading.
Managed to overtake massa and alonso was 1.5s infront of me. Somewhere along turn 11-13 had a good overtaking oppurtunity and was wheel to wheel with alonso, massa tried squeezing me at the other side and he made contact with me, spinning both of us out.. luckily I was spinned back to the racing line and was only trailing alonso by 3 seconds.. massa took out a few others and so 2nd place is more or less confirmed for me. After closing my gap with alonso to less than 2 seconds using kers We enter into the last 4 laps.. Suddenly my race engineer told me not to worry about the car infront as it has drive-through penalty. Naturally I toned down my driving to avoid making mistakes.. Alonso was infront of me throughout until we both crossed the line.. He never served his penalty.. He didnt get disqualified or anything either..

In career Bahrain, last 5 laps, im 3rd in a force india with a ferrari 1-2 infront, alonso leading.
Managed to overtake massa and alonso was 1.5s infront of me. Somewhere along turn 11-13 had a good overtaking oppurtunity and was wheel to wheel with alonso, massa tried squeezing me at the other side and he made contact with me, spinning both of us out.. luckily I was spinned back to the racing line and was only trailing alonso by 3 seconds.. massa took out a few others and so 2nd place is more or less confirmed for me. After closing my gap with alonso to less than 2 seconds using kers We enter into the last 4 laps.. Suddenly my race engineer told me not to worry about the car infront as it has drive-through penalty. Naturally I toned down my driving to avoid making mistakes.. Alonso was infront of me throughout until we both crossed the line.. He never served his penalty.. He didnt get disqualified or anything either..

Are you sure it was your engineer talking to you? If yes, fire him:p

Did a full race, started from last on Pro in the Ferrari at Montreal. I didn't even do a single lap of quali or practice before the race.

Was second on my 3rd stop on lap 57, 8 odd seconds behind Hamilton, who was also due to pit soon, with all the excitement of catching him slowly but surely. Came the pitstop, put on my third set of softs - boom, retards put on a fully used set of softs. Race totally ruined.

most frustrating moment in the game is, being not able to setup properly my wheel Logitech Formula Force EX ....

anyone please help! sensitivity, deadzones whatever i dont understand those things

just someone please give percents

[EDIT] Problem solved

I just had an extremely frustrating moment on Monza with my Marussia career. Driving 25%

I was in the 7th lap with my car and I had just finished my out lap when I saw a group of 7 or so cars driving out of pits, so I quickly jammed the KERS to pass as much guys as possible, which I did. But at the chicane Bottas almost crashed into JEV who was leading the pitters and he decided to break the white line and swerve right into my way.

I tried to brake but it was too late and my nose explodes into carbon confetti causing me to roll off course. I quickly try to get back on, but with my nose in tatters I stand no chance and I am forced to pit the very next lap.

So I went from possibly getting a top 10 spot to finishing 20th in front of only Giedo who spun out in the final laps and a dnf Maldo.

Very very frustrating, and since the AI can do whatever the hell they want Bottas got away with breaking the white line and causing the crash in the first place.

Yesterday! I'm in first place after star in 24 place for penalty and whem I have in the 1st place in last lape my fuel is gone... after 31 laps and two great pits stop... Now I what Mansell feel wheen in
8 of July of 1984, in US Gran Prix in Dallas he need pusch the Lotus 95T for finish in 6º place after lid the race at the last corner. Sorry my English, I hope you andersthend. ;)

Yesterday i sat for the second time, but this time more seriously, to drive a whole season of F1 2012. Now i downloaded that realism patch and ill start again my first race today, after i failed yesterday i made restart cause i was pissed off :D i was going well with options right behind Vettel on 7th, qualified 14th with time of 1.28.120 and in the middle of the race i touched that standing rubber "pipe" on the left right after the long straight before left and right fast turns and i had little spin there lost many positions and then went into pit. On exiting the pit i didnt knew when the automatic driving is off and while on the throttle the car spinned once again right after the first turn, i got pissed off i press esc and said i am going to do this race later! :D so wish me luck for today.

2nd Career Season, Last race, last lap. I had possibility to win championship if i win the race. Start of last lap, i was chasing Vettel as fast i could in heavy rain, but in last corner my car started spinning towards the nearest wall and KABAM!!!!

I lost championship by 1 point. After that i uninstalled the game, reinstalled it and never downloaded realistic damage mod again.

Season 2 career with Ferrari at suzuka and I dominated the whole weekend. Fastest in practice, pole, fastest lap by +1sec and won by a country mile only for the game to say that i finished last, about 1,000,000 seconds behind Hamilton. I was raging!!

I was driving no assists, full lenght with full Q, legends difficulty with michael schumacher in monza. I started race on 18 place and get on 12 place in first few corners..then i have quite good race..fighting for 9 place and than 3 laps before the end of the race in corner before parabolica i had fight with senna "lol" and he hit me in to the wall and broke my nose..omg

- Just had a 100% race at Melbourne with Vettel, and was leading handsomely for the entirety.
- On lap 38 it started to become overcast.
- On lap 47 it started to rain, only lightly.
- Lap 48 i lost all grip on slicks despite track only just beginning to become damp.
- DNF'd into the final corner on lap 48.

Was a little frustrated, but it's a long championship and anything can happen.

wow this needs to stop, rain ... almost every race i give it all (racing vs legend ai) i can sort of win or keep up depends what track it is.

Now more to the point; qualification china s5 r3; i set the 2nd time on damp track witch would get worse as the rain starts comming down more and more, i drive back to the pits and than they all set dry times ... CAN YOU PLEASE JOG ON from p2 to 19th.

Pretty annoyed at myself for losing focus at Monaco, lap 47, P2 and took too much of a tight line through the swimming pool section and smacked right into the inside wall of the first part of left right section.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%