F1 2012 What's wrong with turn 14 in India?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
india-490.jpg

Here's a circuit map from Buddh International Circuit in India.
I've found a huge problem there in turn 14, no matter what i do, always spin of the track at that point. This turn should be taken in 5th gear but in order to do that you slightly have to touch the kerbs on the inside of the turn. And there's my problem, as soon as i even touch the kerbs i spin. Normally you would say the ride height is to low, but i can drive the kerbs anywhere else on this track (including the 2 fast chicanes turn 6&7, and 8&9).
My first question is, is anyone else facing this problem?
What can i do to prevent me from spinning there?

Greetings: Guido

I just avoid the kerbs and use 4th gear.
You could try higher ride height but I doubt you'll want to use anything >3 front.
Also you could try setting the car up for a racing line that avoids the kerbs.

Can't do anything about it, there's just a big bump there.

You spin because right rear wheel is on dirty track and as soon you hit inside kerb with front wheel rear axle slides, somehow Codies think racing line is too much "around" T14. Didn't bother me too much, I even think it's pretty cute feature of this track. Just letting wheel to go to the left after bouncing on kerb is enough to save car from spin.

Yeah, you really have to go wide left after 13, so that you can take 14 without hitting the inner kerb.

I've just got to touch it, and my back end steps out, usually I can save it, and don't actually spin, but it is annoying :)

I found stepping off the throttle for a split second is helping a lot, that way the rear shouldn't step out. :)

Well... yes that's true. My only concern would be compromising all the other turns where the low ride hight helps, just so you can attack this one turn.

That's not a criticism, just a question on whether the compromise is worth it. However that's a personal choice I suppose, and down to your own driving style.

Burp the throttle a small amount and straighten your wheel for a split second when you hit the curb. Do both at the speed you blink your eye, well, as fast as you're able to without losing momentum coming out of the corner :)

Well... yes that's true. My only concern would be compromising all the other turns where the low ride hight helps, just so you can attack this one turn.

That's not a criticism, just a question on whether the compromise is worth it. However that's a personal choice I suppose, and down to your own driving style.

No offence taken bro... Just the higher ride height lets me attack alittle more without the need to avoid the kerb in racing conditions. Its all down to personal choice imo but always good to hear anothers opinion.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%