F1 2010 whats with the tyre sim

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I really dont know what to make of this game! I nearly binned it when i got to Catalunia. But after searching the net i realised it had a few glitches. So i stuck with it and have been falling in and out with it ever since. I have now laernt to drive the car properly with no aids and on legend reaching the point where im comprehensively beating the ai. The only challange left is to turn the trye sim back on ( I turned it off early on because i got fed up of sliding off at the end of races). Anyway iv turned it on and it just seems as though im driving with less steering range and at no point do i get grip levels that i would with trye sim off. Am i missing a trick here

I always wondered why all the cars pulled away from me in the race. I have all sims on,AI dont it seems. But still I prefer the challenge as it feels more rewarding when I get a good points finished. Hope Codies learns from this one for 2011.

My main struggle with tyre and fuel sims was thinking the AI had an unfair advantage. But think about it, if you're in a lotus or a virgin or an HRT those cars are slower than all the others on the grid. The reason you get to qualify so well is because quali times are calculated and are not done by the actual ai drivers. You end up much further up the grid than you would realisticly (take a look at real life quali times if you're curious).

Then in the race it seems unfair for everyone to be passing you at the start. This is for 2 reasons, one it is hard to get a good start in this game (for me anyway) and all the ai usually get very good starts. And two, your car is out of its league where it is on the grid. Example is that I am racing for Sauber, a mid pack team, but I qualify 3rd for Istanbul (with a time that would have been 15th IRL). At the start I am next to Mclaren, Red Bulll, Ferrari etc. and these guys all pull away quite easily. After a couple laps I am in 8th fighting against the Renaults and this is much closer to what actually happens to the Saubers IRL.

I race with TrueAI 1.4 and I find perfect corner mod to be an essential addition, without it the ai have some crazy speed and crazy lines through the corners.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back