1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What's up with times

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by deknegt, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Yeah another time question. But is there a real explanation why the time difference between Practice and Qualifying is so huge?

I am driving as Marussia, and through sheer force of will I managed to set the fastest time during practice. But of course once I get into qualifying I set a better time than in the practice, but I barely stay out of the drop zone in Q1 because the other cars are like 1 second faster than me.

It's probably mostly my dinky ass Marussia which can't compete with the other teams that don't drive oversized go-karts, but it's very annoying that the AI is apparently tanking their practice times and suddenly waking up and setting huge times in the Q's...

God I hope I get a good offer soon, 1.5 seasons with Marussia can make the most level headed people go mad...

Also, another question. I gotten the #1 driver seat, but is there any sort of difference performance wise compared to my teammate's seat? In real life the car tends to be a bit better, but I don't feel the difference at all.