Whats peoples opinions on a some kating events?

Being sim racers, im assuming that a fair few of us have done some karting as a kid. Sure, a lot didnt, or a lot werent very good, but they were fun all the same. So what would people think if say we ran some club events based on the humble go kart? Theres a fair few usable mods out there, and some decent short kart tracks. The nature of the tracks would mean that there would be lots of close racing, especially with plenty of people racing, it would be near constant competition. It wouldnt be clean racing compared to other mods, but i dont think it would need to be: The damage would be low to encourage wheel to wheel fun, agressive overtakes, and there would be less emhpasis on winning.

I see this as an idea for the younger less experienced simracers to find their feet in a less competitive environment, in slower karts that ensure that no matter what skill level the racing is close. It would open opportunities for people who are too intimidated to start up in sim racing in rfactor in the usual big HP cars at use, and be a bit of stupid fun for the more experienced where practice is almost unnessesary and banging around off each other wouldnt be an interesting diversion from normal racing practices.

Let me know if my idea has any merit at all! lol

hmmm, you've got my interest. Would all karts be based on 100cc single gear karts? If it's something like TKM or Rotax karts then yeah I'd be up for a bit of fun with them.

I suppose it would depend on what kart mods there are, and which ones can be used without violating copywrights etc. Though yeah it would be something like that, lowish power, short tracks, and lots of drivers. And a very relaxed attitude compared to other events.

Buckmore FTW!!! Haven't been there for a couple of years now, last I was there we did a 6 hour endurance event for RDI. Started in the wet, halfway through my stint I started to find a dry line, was very entertaining st the bottom of damon hill to say the least lol.

I say we do it, honda 4 strokes can be fun, and buckmore is a decent track. Heres to hoping they have Thruxton and Teeside too :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%