1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Whats going on with the Steerring these days????

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by George Pilkington, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Hi Guys
    Whats up with the steering these days?
    I cant get anything to feel right anymore.
    There appears to be a new slider in options that adjusts the throw at speed???
    I have a g27 ARC modded and it now feels rubbish, in comparrisson to how it was 2 weeks ago.
    The steerring rack seems very fast and then there is a heavy resistance at about 1/2 a turn that was not there before...
    Can you help me with this please?
    Thanks
    George
    or have I been on the ovals too long....

2. Well from what I know nothing has been done to steering in last few weeks and I didn't experienced anything similar on my MOMO. Damping may cause heavy resistance, however it's wierd, because G27 has weak motors. Is your G27 all right? I don't think it's iRacing's fault, hardware or wheel drivers problem is more likely in my opinion.

3. Thanks Jan, the G27 is new and it was going fine last week...
    I will have a look at the settings for damping. Thanks.
    George

4. you may also want to check the steering ratio in the car set up at 8:1 you'll fell everything, but at 16:1 you dont

5. Thanks guys, I checked the logitec profiler and set the top setting to 101% rather than 100%.
    Picked this up from somewhere here, from another forum, so thanks for that. :)

Sorted.

George