What's everyone racing with?

Controllers, steering wheel/pedals, keyboard/mouse?

Post them. Also, can anyone give me suggestions for a good steering wheel/pedal setup?

Hi & welcome,

I use a G25 with a surround config.
Here's the link to set your controller :

http://racer.nl/tutorial/forcefeedback.htm

My config goes as follows :

Logitech Profiler :

All by default except :

Centering Spring Force : disabled at 100%
Combined Pedals : enabled
Degrees of rotation : 900°

In racer :

Controller : 240°
Friction : 3%
Stick F : 3.25%
Damping : 1.25%
Inertia : 1.5 %

In my car :

ff_factor=1.0
ff_friction=1.0
ff_stickfriction=1.0
ff_damping=1.0
ff_inertia=1.0
ff_gain=1.0

steer
{
x=0.352
y=0.333
z=1.114
radius=0.280
xa=0
lock=160
linearity=0.5
model
{
file=f430_gtc_steering_wheel.dof
}
}

wheels0 + 1 :

lock=32
steering=1

pilot.body.model.animation :

steer_range=-160

++++++++++++++++++
Everything works fine, also I usually lower the noise values in special.ini for most tracks...too much rumbling.

Also consider, that most of your car settings (suspension, tires (Pacejka), bodyaero, etc..) have a massive influence on your driving experience, so in my case, I just debugged my car with :

note_ini_fallback=1
note_ini_unused=1

in racer.ini.

Results in Qlog...
My 'updated car' with everything nicely set, some days to get that result, everything corresponds/ was extracted from my 3D app (values) :

http://img827.imageshack.us/i/f430gtccarpoints.jpg/

well I was racing with 2 Momo Racing wheels, but now while waiting to get my new wheel I'm just using keyboard and mouse. (I guess its going to be a month or so until I get my new Fanatec GT3 RS wheel)

i have one cheap wheel with 900 degree, it's "new" dfp called dfgt (driving force gran turismo) it's nice and works smooth. but it can't be perfect for this price, the minus are the pedals. they are ok. just ok not something good but my still work awesome after ~2 yrs

G25, which I find pretty nice for cost/quality and features etc.

Only thing it could be better for is sound.

If it could spin a bit faster of it's own accord, and spin 2000deg, then it would be ideal for Racer from lorries to F1 cars :D

Dave

Microsoft Sidewinder USB wheel FTW! bought for £100 about 8 or 9 years ago still works apart from the Force feedback turning off from time to time, i think its to do with the Power cable

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back