Resource icon

DiRT Rally Whatever You Do.. Don't Crash! 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great job man! Will try it out!

How was it now with multiplayer rx and online rallying? Was it a no go if I dont want to be banned? :D

If I want to play online was it possible to only use a "visually" damage model?
There is no guarentee that you will not get banned for using the visual damage components of this mod. Technically they do change vehicle performance and so could be seen as cheating (even though your making it much harder on yourself)

I would stay clear of online play with this. At least as the Mod Dev that is the stance I am taking to cover my ass

There is no guarentee that you will not get banned for using the visual damage components of this mod. Technically they do change vehicle performance and so could be seen as cheating (even though your making it much harder on yourself)

I would stay clear of online play with this. At least as the Mod Dev that is the stance I am taking to cover my ass

Okey! Thanks. :) But this is no cheat and in a dream world, the sim could recognize that.. hehe..

Just tried it, Will never be with out this mod. Now it truly feels like a sim.. A single mistake, and the stage and possible the event is screwed.. This is how codies should have done it right from the start! Awesome mod!

While it seems to allow Racenet to login on game-start, I don't think you can actually race in online events. I've never tried it though.

Thats right. You can start the game as before, but you cant go in to the "online room"... So you cant be banned, haha... You have to switch back to the original car files before you can go in and race online.

Only had chance to drive half a dozen or so stages with various cars so here is some limited feedback. Firstly, congratulations on sticking it to those bomb proof wing mirrors. I actually had one ripped off and another one had the mirror cracked, which I’ve never ever seen before so great result! I’m more than happy with the high speed damage but I think low speed damage should be upped also to show dents and cracked bumpers etc after minor impacts which, as anyone who has ever gently reversed into a gate post or wall will testify, does annoyingly happen.

You might also want to take a look at the Fiat Abarth. I had quite a hefty impact with a hinkelstein in Germany but it didn’t show any damage so I decided to go on a wrecking spree to test it. It was almost as though the bodywork was made from remnants of the Roswell UFO wreckage – it wouldn’t bend, dent, break or crack. The windscreen cracked and the wheels misplaced but the bodywork stood resolute. I only noticed that level of indestructibility with the Fiat.

Will feedback further when I’ve had more drives but it’s a big thumbs up from me and thanks again.

Only had chance to drive half a dozen or so stages with various cars so here is some limited feedback. Firstly, congratulations on sticking it to those bomb proof wing mirrors. I actually had one ripped off and another one had the mirror cracked, which I’ve never ever seen before so great result! I’m more than happy with the high speed damage but I think low speed damage should be upped also to show dents and cracked bumpers etc after minor impacts which, as anyone who has ever gently reversed into a gate post or wall will testify, does annoyingly happen.

You might also want to take a look at the Fiat Abarth. I had quite a hefty impact with a hinkelstein in Germany but it didn’t show any damage so I decided to go on a wrecking spree to test it. It was almost as though the bodywork was made from remnants of the Roswell UFO wreckage – it wouldn’t bend, dent, break or crack. The windscreen cracked and the wheels misplaced but the bodywork stood resolute. I only noticed that level of indestructibility with the Fiat.

Will feedback further when I’ve had more drives but it’s a big thumbs up from me and thanks again.

Ooh, that's interesting, I wonder whats up with the Fiat! I bet a made a typo in that file somewhere causing it to have no damage model :p

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into making low speed do more visual damage (trickier than you might think!)

Oh, and I made those wing-mirrors super breakable just for you :p

I'm using your WYDDC, particles mods, can i add Impact force feedback? I ask this as I'm using your Damper Effect settings for FFB, which I like, the settings for them differ, I want to keep Damper settings but still use Impact FFB.
Will they cause conflicts?
Cheers

Great mod, thanks!
I got one question though.
I think damage is even bigger than in real life, is there any chance you tone it down, maybe make another "light" mod version, somewhere between vanila and this version. If it's too much job just forget about it, I'll use this one. After I first learn how to drive on vanila that's it. :D
I bet you didn't see this (cause you answer to all others:D) so I re-post it... :rolleyes:

Ooh, that's interesting, I wonder whats up with the Fiat! I bet a made a typo in that file somewhere causing it to have no damage model :p

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into making low speed do more visual damage (trickier than you might think!)

Oh, and I made those wing-mirrors super breakable just for you :p

I agree there, but is it possible to make that happend but make the cars be strong so no damage is shown because of some bushes and some minor/normal jumps over crests..I did a normal jump in Greece with the Group A Impreza and after that the front got damage? Is it possible to get both? What he says and what I want?? : D

Well, that's what I was talking about.
I asked for some "light" version, since I think that this is much better and much more realistic than that funny Codemasters original damage system - it is a bit too much. So you got damage even from bushes :confused: some regular jumps :O_o: etc,....

Can you create a damage mod that is like super real. Was watching some Rally Videos and WRC today and was like "Hey, this doesn't happen in Dirt Rally". In real life your wheels become damaged easily and other parts of the car but in Dirt Rally its just like let me take a couple more hits before getting noticeable damage.

Thanks in Advance
Josh:thumbsup:

Can you create a damage mod that is like super real. Was watching some Rally Videos and WRC today and was like "Hey, this doesn't happen in Dirt Rally". In real life your wheels become damaged easily and other parts of the car but in Dirt Rally its just like let me take a couple more hits before getting noticeable damage.

Thanks in Advance
Josh:thumbsup:
Have you installed this mod? It doesn't take much at all to knock your wheels out of kilter and a decent crash will make them completely FUBAR and it's race over.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back