F1 2013 What would be the best framerate for F1 2013?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello,
I wonder if you could advise.

I am testing different graphic Settings and have one now where I am getting 106 max and 89 min.

Setting is 8 x CSAA. I am getting slightly more if I move to 4 x MSAA and all max settings

However the difference is not really much. Therefore what do you think would be the best framerate for F1 2013 ?

I am having a i5 3700 and a NVIDA Geforce 660 TI

I think it is running smoothly

Regards
Sven

anything above 60fps you won't notice a huge difference and this is what is considered the optimal benchmark number to hit for racing games or fast-paced fps.

with your frames you can bump the settings up for sure (and yes, it is running smoothly lol)

i get 106 avg with 85 lowest on ultra with max AA @1080p and i turn v-sync on to cut out any screen tearing which locks the fps at 60. my setup is i5 2500k @4.2GHz, GTX 680 and 8GB DDR3-1600.

Generally speaking, CSAA has no advantage against MSAA except video memory consumption. It's all about marketing. If I remember correctly, 8xCSAA is lesser quality than 4xMSAA.

About graphics settings, perhaps, you need to tweak setting parameters in hardware_config.xml. You can get balanced configuration between performance and image quality. If I can suggest something, you should need to tweak settings in rain condition because the load in wet condition is far greater than in dry condition.

And one more thing, I'm not sure that bug is still in there, but there was a FFB glitch with logitech wheel controller at higher FPS(above 60).

What are the PC specifications for F1 2013

Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD2600 or NVIDIA Geforce 8600
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard
Recommended:

• Processor: Intel Core i7/AMD Bulldozer
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD6000 Series/Nvidia GTX500 Series minimum 1GB RAM
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard

This game looks pretty sweet at 1080p and x4 MSAA.

At high screen resolutions I generally find that you need less AA, because there are so many pixels on the screen anyway, so less jaggies. I often use x2 MSAA, but the frame rates for this game are pretty good, so I am using x4, just because i have the spare capacity.

@kenken is correct about the bug, it would appear that it is still present. The fix is to turn on Vsync to lock it at 60 fps. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet with my G27. I try to avoid Vsync generally, and I use a 120 hz monitor.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%