What was your first car?

• Arthur De Kegel

My first car was an 1989 Audi 80 1,8S - my dad thought I was nuts, first car, and immediately a brand new one :D
It was the first of a lot of Audis to follow. Never had another brand. Never had a Diesel. Petrolhead to the grave...

This is mine , the first in bought it in the summer of -78 or it was a similar car not this color mina was in gold...:)

Attachments

• Rekord-C-02.jpg
    Rekord-C-02.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 315
My 1st car was a Triumph Dolomite, which brought of my mates dad for £400, 1 careful owner from new. i decided the 1300 engine wasen`t fast enough so i put in a 1500 TC (twin carb woop woop) then wrote it of within a year :laugh2:

triumph-dolomite-1300.jpg

As im only 16 i can not legally drive a car yet :( but i can ride a moped ;) i got my moped last monday and love it! Its an 09 Plate Yamaha Aerox Valentino Rossi race Replica....its a whole 50cc lol but oh well better than walking!

I dont like the last picture i look like an idiot! :( lol but just to prove its an 09 Plate! lol

• Kyle Evers

Either getting a '96 Volkswagen Jetta GT or a '01 Volkswagen Passat. The Passat is very nice, I really like the shape.

But then once I'm out of high school, my parents are getting me a Honda NSX. Can't wait, I love that car so much.

• Kyle Evers

I'm, also looking at a '95 Mercedes S320 or BMW 3-series (90's model).

A 1974 (M Reg) Hillman Imp Deluxe which I bought in about '85\'86, car was a light blue and approx 98% filler but hey it used to get me from Rotherham to Leeds to see the Girlfriend (now Wife) and to work and back all over Yorkshire when I was a Security Guard.

Following this it was a Nissan\Datsun Stanza (C Reg), Nissan\Datsun Sunny 1.5GL Coupe (C Reg), Ford Fiesta XR2 (F370 GNN) loved this car which I had started modifying but some Scroats stole it and my Insurance went through the roof when I got it back so had to get rid :mad:, Ford Granada 2.0 Ghia Auto, Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Auto (New in '97), Renault Scenic (New in 2001) engine size etc doesn't really matter, it was quite simply the worst car I've ever had the misfortune to even look at let alone drive, Vauxhall Astra SRi Estate Auto (New in 2005), Mondeo 2.0 140PS Titanium Estate in lovely Tango (New in 2008) and finally on Friday I took delivery of my Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 TDCi 160PS Estate Elite.

Attachments

• Astra.jpg
    Astra.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 333
  • Mondy_Tango.jpg
    Mondy_Tango.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 293
as far as I remember my first car I ever hold the wheel (actually on my Dad's wedge :D) was Peugeot Panter 1.6 TDi. And the first car I controlled by my whole body was Volkswagen Touran 1.9 TDi. And I am now waiting for my own first car :)

A Vauxhall Nova 1.2 with a sequential gearbox.

Well i say sequential... it could go up through the gears without the aid of the clutch!! Going back down through the gears... not so good.

Got my license at 16 brought my first car at 18 in 90, a 1984 Subaru Leone 1.8 4WD sedan..yep the great, great, great grand daddy of the WRX, weekends down at the riverbeds haven't been the same since, at the time that thing saw more river crossing's than i had hot dinners:eek:.

I couldn't believe the abuse this car could take off-road, i guess i was sucker for the brand because my next 2 car's were Subaru, a 87 Leone 1.8 GT2 Turbo and a 90 Legacy 2.0 Turbo RS-RA. Didn't get around to owning a REX but moved on to Toyota and Nissan 4wd turbo's.

Now i drive a Toyota Camry.. yeah priorities kicked in somewere.

I was a late bloomer. I wasn`t really bothered about passing my test, so only got it done when i was 20. Passed my test and never got a car either lol, as i didn't need one.

But my first car was a 1.3 T reg Mk4 Fiesta (yes the girly one) in moondust silver, which i bought in 2002 and it only had 7k on the clock. Some old couple had it as a weekend shopping car, but when he had a stroke they needed to sell it for a bigger car, so it became mine!

Ran this beaut all the way to 68k, with the only major part needing changed in 6 years being the cat. I never had the oil or any other fluid changed, never had it serviced and i think i put oil in it once. I ended up buying a 5 door Polo in 2009, so it stood for about 2 months. Went to go and drive it and noticed the front suspension had collapsed lol. One trip to the scrappies later and an hours work and off it went to WeBuyAnyCar.com for £250.

After driving that crappy german Polo for a year i went back to Ford. Now i`ve got a 1.6 TDCi Focus (ex rozzer). Loving it :)

I think i must be a Ford Fan Boy.

my first car was a volvo 440 juilbé 2.0.
I loved this car very much. You can drive all day long in this car and still feel very comfortable.
looked almost the same as the car in the picture but had also a heck wing.

750px-Volvo_440_st..jpg

now I've got a peugeot 306 1.6
something like this.
f_38289952_1.jpeg

Actually this car is crap. no power, very uncomfortable but cheaper to keep then the volvo which had some rusty problems unfortunately. (really miss my volvo :D)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%