1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

what view do you use

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by Eric Martel, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Just for information and why do you use this view?

me i use cockpit view for more realism and great immersion

thanks

Eric Martel

2. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

Cockpit is the only view if you are trying to simulate racing, anything else is arcade IMO.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am not gonna discuss it :) But i use Bonnet View in ARCA

4. my opinion is the best view to use is the one who you are most comfortable with it...it does not matter if it makes it look arcady or not, because the car will have the same handling in any view :wink:

as for my I used the bonnet view. This has to do especially because me being tall and I'm used to see the hood of the car when I drive in real life :wink:

5. Cockpit view, although i would love it if my dash is a little bit closer to me.

6. You can assign keys to move seat closer/further/up/down. Assign the mirror keys to 4 different keys on your keyboard, then hold shift key to adjust seating :)

7. I knew i could move the seat, but that is like 30 cm max (real lif comparision). I would love it if there was an option to be not stuck on the seat, like simbin does. So you can adjust it to your own racing rig.

8. I like cockpit view the best. I find it easier to drive that way.

9. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

Bonnet on ovals
    Cocpit (without the stupid wheel) on RC's

Iam not faster or slower in any view btw bonnet'hood cam on ovals just feels better (i tend to get sick on ovals with cp view) and i have more feeling with the cars arround me.

As for the realism aspect... i wont discuss that either lol :D

10. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

bonnet view in all of my races-classes im used to it and i get a better feel of the car

11. cockpit in all classes without the wheel.

12. Same for me

13. Same here......If I want to race bonnet view or any other I'll stick the 360 on.

14. Super 3rd person (looking at the videos of the game).