What view do you use when driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Dawes

• Andrew Dawes

I use hood. Have used it for years. In open wheel racecars i use cockpit. I just don't like the lack of vision in the closed cockpits...but then i am using a 19in sceen which makes the road narrow enoguh as it is.

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

yea, i would agree on the cockpit thing... made the switch about two weeks ago and wouldn't use anything else now... and i was a die hard, end-of-the-car-on-the-floor kinda view guy....

A

Andrew Dawes

• Andrew Dawes

Yeah that can be a problem if you use cockpit.
I have a 23 inch monitor.
I want to get me one of those 32 inches monitors just for these games.

See here i was planning to upgrade to a 22 or 24. I guess we always want the next big thing....or we all just want ATTI's setup. :becky:

T

Thomas

• Thomas

I am using the hood view in the race games. It seems i get a lagging feeling in the cockpit ( i played with the graphic settings to combat the lagging feeling) when in hoodview i am faster and can catch the car in spins and stuff. As i said, the race game is the only game i do it in but i usually is one second faster using the hood (Valencia, Zandvoort).

I do try to use the cockpit view but it don't work for me. It sad since they are looking beautiful. But for me its the feeling of the car thats most important. :)

K

Kim Van Der Stichelen

• Kim Van Der Stichelen

I use cockpit view, with the steering wheel disabled, because my G25 is set to 645°, and the ingame wheel doesn't turn that far, which was quite annoying. And as a bonus, I can now read the MoTeC data better on the LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000