1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What video card for best results/$

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by racerx9146, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Hello
    I have been using a AMD Radeon R7 200/1GB ram. I am able to get a average of 40fps with the quality set to medium.

Anybody recomend a video card to get me in the High Quality setting with better fps at a reasonable cost?

regards Daron
  2. depending on what you call reasonable cost,what is your price range?nvidia gtx960 or amd r9 380 would be a reasonable price
  3. xnorb

Premium Member

I would recommend nVidia for 2 reasons:
    a) 90% of the time AMD isn't able to deliver good drivers
    b) Majority of games are optimized for nVidia

Everytime i look at benchmarks and the price lists i find myself tending to AMD, but those benchmarks are worth nothing. nVidia kicks the living soul out of AMD.

P.S. I'm using AMD cards for the last ~6 years.
  4. PaulH

Premium Member

If you can stretch your budget to a nVidia GTX 970, that's probably the best card/$ at the moment, if not what's your budget?
  5. Thanks for the input everyone, I am playing Dirt Rally and AC. I was hoping to pay under $500. Any negatives on this card (currently about $500 from the big online discount supplier)

MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G LE GeForce GTX 980 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Card

regards Daron
  6. PaulH

Premium Member

Well you wont go wrong with any GTX 980 :thumbsup:
  7. Ditto, can't go wrong there!
  8. Sniper

Premium Member

Excellent card I love mine. Kills my old r9280x
  9. For about $650 or so, (Maybe find a better deal?) you can get a 980 Ti card which trades blows with the Titan X which is currently the top of the line Nvidia card. That's the retail price though. Only major difference between the 2 is that the Titan has 12 GB of video ram and the Ti is slightly less powerful in the hardware, has only 6 GB and is about $350 less. (Which is fine atm in games)
    Vanilla 980's are fine tho. :)